“Comfortable, Clean, Nice”

Ranked #12 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
Columbus, Georgia
“Comfortable, Clean, Nice”
Reviewed August 8, 2010

We really enjoyed this hotel. Both the room and bathroom were clean and the beds were comfortable. It's pretty close to the malls and lots of places to eat. Nice.

Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed May 12, 2010

Extremely well maintained facility and grounds. Pool area looked clean, with a separate whirlpool. I didn't have time to take advantage so can't comment further. Exercise room was well equipped with treadmills, free and fixed weights and a large exercise ball. King non-smoking room with large well equipped bathroom, great bed with 2 down and 2 foam pillows; asked for and received a third down pillow. Gave 4 instead of 5 stars because room was facing the kitchen ventilator which was noisy when running. But kitchen only open for breakfast and dinner (till 9) so didn't interfere with sleep. Staff very warm yet professional. Breakfast was good; did not eat dinner there. Great location right off I-85 but nestled in a small office park with lots of trees so the highway was never a presence while at the hotel.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Tennessee
Reviewed April 7, 2010

I purchased a one night stay in this hotel via priceline. The hotel was wonderful. The staff was nice, the room was clean, the parking was safe and the entire facility was very quiet. The lobby was nice and several families were traveling with their children- this is definately a hotel that will please everyone from age 2 - 92.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Tennessee
Reviewed March 6, 2010

I've stayed at a few Hilton Garden Inn's....this IS NOT in the same class as all the others.
It might be worth a $49.00 motel but not even close to what they charge. Safe, yes. Friendly staff, yes. They claim HD TV's, I had a old "Phillips" I think, just sitting on a table, one view, one angle. The remote was wore, could not read all the lettering, but doesn't matter anyway, It did not work. I may be wrong, but you hear of some hotels that do not wash the bedspread (who know who does what) and mind was stained (you get the picture.) Good water pressure in the shower, however, by the time I was finished, the water was over my ankles. Breakfast cost is high and not really that good. Other than at the hotel, there are no restaurants in the area, you have to get back up on the interstate to even find a "fast food" restaurant. I;m sorry, it lacks a lot. I do not normally write these, but I felt I needed to on this experience. Sorry.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Abbeville, AL
Reviewed March 27, 2009

We stayed here for 4 days and 3 nights recently (March 2009). Our young daughters and I stayed. Our oldest daughter (8 years old) was in a dance competition at Troy's "Davis Theatre" over the week end.

This hotel is small, very clean & quiet and close to the exit (# 4) yet in a park like quiet setting. It is convenient to the Davis Theatre, the Planetarium and the zoo which we visited. The traffic wasn't bad either despite construction going on. We enjoyed the friendliness and fresh cooked food at the grill. Our food was cooked to our order. The size of the plates were more then enough for us. The cook even came up with some bagged popcorn for us to make in our room since the pantry didn't have any. There isn't any room service but you have the microwave in your room, just in case, the grill and are close to many other restraunts.

The room was nice (we had two queen sized beds), the beds were firm and comfortable and the comforters were very nice. The bathroom was nice though it could have used a tad more room between the toilet and the tub and a little more counter space. I would have liked to have had a close up mirror in the bathroom. We liked the sample mouthwash, shampoo, etc. ( I forgot a few things at home) by Neutrogena in the bathroom. We liked having the mini fridge, coffee maker and microwave in our room. My one minor complaint was that the coffee provided was decafe. No problem, I had coffee with me. We hung up our towels each day (per a note in the bathroom) so that they wouldn't be exchanged out and left the only few on the floor or counter to be changed. All of the towels were exchanged each day.

Everyone was friendly and pleasant here. Anyone at the desk said hello or good morning, etc. as we came and left often. Our girls sampled the fresh cookies up arrival on the counter.

The pool and hot tub area looks kind of small but very nice and clean.. Nice seating near them also. It was too cool for us to use these facilities. I noticed a guest laundry facility on the first floor as well but we didn't use it.

We did not buy any items in the pantry but they had a decent amount of toiletries in it (no suntan lotion), frozen food, snacks, ice cream, beer, etc. We opted to order a fresh dinner one night, from the grill when the cost for a 10 1/2 oz frozen lasagne was almost $ 7.00 each from the pantry.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed July 22, 2008

I've stayed at a few Hilton Garden Inn hotels, and I've found they tend to deliver consistently good quality accommodations and service. This Hilton Garden Inn was no exception. I'd call it a business hotel, as it's located in the middle of a business park just off I-85. We stayed during a holiday weekend and it was very quiet.

The hotel looked new and provided a nice room, a great shower and comfortable beds -- all for just $94. The small pantry sells beer and wine, and beverages, plus a lot of stuff you might want at the last minute. It was all very reasonable, at least compared to a hotel's mini-bar (which this hotel did not have). Check-in was quick and efficient, and the hotel keeps cookies at the front desk for arriving guests.

Hilton Garden Inns do not offer a complimentary breakfast with most room rates, but you can buy it in the restaurant. That's good and bad. We took it as an opportunity to find breakfast at a local establishment and had Sunday brunch at Sinclair's (near Huntingdon College). It's very good.

The HGI Montgomery East is just a couple of miles from the Alabama Shakespeare Festival -- great theatre if you get the chance -- and it's away from the glut of hotels near the junction of I-85 and US-231. This hotel is in a very quiet area. The downside, of course, is that you'll probably be driving everywhere. That's typical, you'd probably drive everywhere in Montgomery anyway. Nice place!

• Liked — Comfortable and Consistent Accommodation, up to Hilton Garden Inn standards
  • Disliked — It's in a non-descript area of town
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
montgomery alabama
Reviewed May 13, 2008

I expected better from a Hilton Chain. I checked in on May 10 and out on the 12th. I stayed in room 201 and booked the "Romance Package" which was supposed to include wine, waiting in the room- It wasn't. I was allowed to check in early which was understandably why the room was not set up although, I called the hotel before I arrived to be sure the room was ready and was told that it was. The front desk attendant ( Mildred) was kind enough to accomodate us by finding a key and providing us with a bottle of wine. She stated that she wasn't sure if it was the "right" kind, but I accepted it, not knowing enough about wine to gripe. Later noticed the wine had a cork...called guest service and was made aware I had the "wrong" wine. I was the guest, I feel as though the news never should have crossed my ears, just bring us a cork screw!! and deal with the wine issue with the appropriate people.
Long story short, I had to go out and buy a cork screw.
The following day, we requested no disturbance and went later to get towels. i should not have sent the hubby, he excepts whatever is dished to him. We recieved one crisp white cloth and one of a different shade. I trotted on down to GS to inquire as to why we got a dingy rag and was told " It's not dirty, it's just a different color", excuse me, but I think you said the same thing I did, THE TOWELS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE WHITE LADY!!!
This lady's name is Regina, I mentioned the night before as she promised to address an issue but never returned. Not once did she apologize, and that is what angered me more than any of the not so well experiences I encountered with her. Upon checking out, we thought we should tidy our room because we did have it pretty junked up, so I ripped the sheets off the bed and found a matress covered in blood stains!! The housekeeping manager called to ask what she can do for me, but what was I supposed to say after I had already slept there. She doesn't have a time machine I am sure.
Bottom line...it is a very cozy, well decorated, pretty hotel-Just don't peel back the covers!

• Liked — The location is great, most of the staff is very professional
  • Disliked — The nonchalant vibe I recieved from Regina, second shift front desk attendant
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank tnanny