“Best meal we've had in our travels!”
Review of Central

Central
Reserve with OpenTable
Central is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 475 Restaurants in Montgomery
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Tallapoosa St
Description: Central, located at 129 Coosa Street in the heart of Montgomery's Downtown entertainment district, offers a multicultural twist on southern classics highlighting local and seasonal ingredients under the direction of Executive Chef Leonardo Maurelli, III. This locally owned gem serves wood-fired dishes in an 1890's warehouse space boasting exposed brick, flickering gas lanterns and a bustling open kitchen. Central also has three private event spaces ranging accommodating 10 - 200 people. Central serves lunch 5 days a week and dinner 6 nights a week.
Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

We have traveled to quite a few places since my husband retired 2 years ago. We came to Montgomery for a family visit and wanted to slip away for a birthday dinner. After reading reviews on Trip-adviser, we chose Central. We were not disappointed!! Everything-from the appetizer to the entree was impeccably prepared and full of unique flavors. We could not remember having a better meal in any city we have visited in the Midwestern and Southwestern United States. The staff was professional, yet full of warm southern charm. We would recommend Central to anyone seeking a wonderful dining experience.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

I ordered the pork chop and that thing was HUGE! I definitely had to get a doggie bag because there was no way I could finish the meal plus the sides. The food had a great smoky taste from the grill and the portions for everything including the appetizers were huge. You definitely get your money's worth. I enjoyed the atmosphere and the servers were friendly. I would definitely visit this restaurant again!

Reviewed June 28, 2014

After having been on the road for a week of non-stop travels, I found myself in Montgomery, Al for my final business meeting before the July 4th Holiday. Up to that point, just about every place I eat at was nothing to write any favorable reviews about. Well, that all changed once I had the opportunity to eat at the Central Restaurant located in downtown Montgomery. This place was amazing and beyond my expectations on many fronts. I tried the breaded pecan crusted baked boneless chicken breast that was simply wonderful. I also tried the meatloaf. OK, I know what you maybe thinking, "meatloaf" at a premium restaurant? Meatloaf maybe just considered as a comfort food and not offered at a classy place! Well, my views of meatloaf all changed as this clearly was the best meatloaf I've ever eaten in my life. It was thin sliced, it was cooked perfect (no blood) and the flavor spices they used gave it a southern kick of which energized my taste buds as never before. I had it with warm garlic mashed potatoes and long/green string beans. The service was also fantastic. I would recommend this eatery to everyone if you're looking for a place that's unique and very special, of course with food that needs to experience to believe. If I ever get back to that part of the country on business, you can bet that I'll be eating there again. Did I mention on how good the meatloaf was? I just needed to re visit that thought because it was simply the very best.

Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

The service was excellent but food and especially the meatloaf made it worth the visit and the price. Calming atmosphere as well on a hot day.

Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

So we had a business meeting on a Monday nite, had steaks and seafood at Central, was excellent.

Went back two nites later, had southern cooking: green fried tomatoes, grits, honey smoked duck quarters. The best ever. Had an excellent waitress, attentive, and excellent service.