“Just okay...”
Review of Central

Central
Reserve with OpenTable
Central is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 464 Restaurants in Montgomery
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Tallapoosa St
Description: Central, located at 129 Coosa Street in the heart of Montgomery's Downtown entertainment district, offers a multicultural twist on southern classics highlighting local and seasonal ingredients under the direction of Executive Chef Leonardo Maurelli, III. This locally owned gem serves wood-fired dishes in an 1890's warehouse space boasting exposed brick, flickering gas lanterns and a bustling open kitchen. Central also has three private event spaces ranging accommodating 10 - 200 people. Central serves lunch 5 days a week and dinner 6 nights a week.
Montgomery, Alabama
“Just okay...”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Atmosphere was hip and cool. A little noisy though for a romantic dinner. Food was fine but just okay for a restaurant in which you expect to have a dining experience. Server was very friendly but hosting staff wasn't so much. Can't think of a good reason to go back. :(

Visited October 2012

Montgomery, Alabama
“Great Service - Average Food”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I was with a group of 10 with a reservation, and half of us arrived about 15 minutes early, but we had to wait out front until the exact time of the reservation instead of being seated even though our table was ready. I didn't understand why we couldn't have gone ahead and been seated at our table for comfort. However, that's another issue, because we had high backless stools instead of chairs at a high, narrow table. After sitting there a couple of hours, it was uncomfortable to say the least. Our server when we were finally seated was WONDERFUL. He was very attentive and considerate and got everything right. The food was okay, but nothing special as far as I was concerned. We had calamari as our main appetizer, and it was sweet-tasting; I believe it was covered with honey or watered-down honey. It was not what I expected. The pimiento cheese, on the other hand, was very good; I believe jalapenos or some other type of hot pepper were included in the ingredients. For the main course I ordered the herb-coated half chicken, and it was just okay; I like Sam's Club chickens better. I probably will not return to dine at Central. For the money, it just didn't meet my expectations.

• Visited October 2012
Montgomery, AL, USA
“Disappointed”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I work near Central restaurant and looked forward to having a new restaurant in Montgomery's Alley Disrict. However, my food was not prepared as asked and everything on my plate was greasy. i was surprised, because most new places are leaning toward lighter fare, not loading up the food with cooking oil and butter.

Visited September 2012
Franklin, Tennessee
“Changed my view on Montgomery.”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I was working in Montgomery on a very 'country' project, and I expected much of the same in all my surroundings. This place was an unexpected gem! Every course was absolutely incredible. Pork Belly & Peaches for an app, Grouper for dinner, and Strawberry Creme Brûlée for dessert... I walked away completely satisfied - and some!

• Visited August 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Things Aren't What They Seem”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I found this restaurant through an online reservation website. It looked great. I was warmly greeted by the hostess. The server was personable and efficient. My salad course arrived before my wine and the bread, but eventually everything caught up. My main course was cooked perfectly.

When I received the check, it looked as if the wine by the glass had been overcharged. I went ahead and paid the bill. On the way out, I double checked my bill against the wine list. In fact, I had been overcharged. The hostess insisted on resolving the matter with the manager. His response: "The price charged was correct, the menu price was wrong." That, to me, is completely unacceptable. It seems that prices at this restaurant are at the whim of someone....buyer beware!

• Visited August 2012