“Good food in an unexpected place”

Green Papaya Lao & Thai Cuisine
Ranked #123 of 480 Restaurants in Montgomery
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised to find the Green Papaya offering such very good dinners. It is located in a shopping plaza, out of the mainstream, but the food was well prepared, served promptly and delicious. The staff was very hospitable and more than met our needs. The atmosphere was functional.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

This was the best takeout our group of East Coast food snobs managed to find over the course of a month in Montgomery. Generous portions, fresh flavors, spice levels adjustable from mild to seriously hot, numerous vegetarian options. My favorite dish was the pad kee maow (drunken noodles). The eat-in experience was also very nice, including attentive service and several inexpensive beer options, but I would give it four stars because of not really caring for loud college football or MLB with my Thai food.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

This is my favorite Thai restaurant. REALLY good food - no heavy sauces so you can taste the veggies and peanut sauce. If you really like THAI food - not Americanized too much - this is the place.
Friendly service in a small dining area, but the decor lets you know the culture! (Altho it is not overwhelming!)
Portions are good and so are the prices.
When I am in Montgomery and have a choice - this is my favorite dinner choice.

Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

Don't go to Lek's. Don't go to Ala Thai. Go to Green Papaya! They're the best Asian restaurant in town! I eat there quite frequently and they are always consistent and completely delicious always!

Reviewed May 31, 2012

Message flagged Thursday, May 31, 2012 11:04 AM
Anyone passing through Montgomery who enjoys Laotian and/or Thai cuisine should not miss the Green Papaya located at 409 Coliseum Blvd, www.greenpapayacuisine.com. Clean with a cozy atmosphere, attentive service, affordable prices, and generous portions - I'm always assured of a tasty lunch the next day. It's my "go to" place everytime I visit Montgomery. The Yun-Woon-Sen and NamSode are delightful summer salad meals.

1  Thank USAF_Officer