“Very Informative”

Rosa Parks Library and Museum
Ranked #4 of 68 things to do in Montgomery
More attraction details
Owner description: This tribute to the "Mother of the Civil Rights Movement" honors Rosa Parks, the African-American woman who, in 1955, sparked the civil rights movement by refusing to give her bus seat to a white man. The museum helps visitors relive this tumultuous era with a video, artifacts, historical documents, a lifesize statue of Rosa Parks and a replica of the bus in which she sat that day.
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Small but informative display of Rosa Parks and her role in civil right movement. I had no idea that her bus event was the spark to MLK rise as civil rights leader. Well worth the time and money.

2  Thank Airstrip1
There are newer reviews for Rosa Parks Library and Museum

Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

I was very impressed with this museum! They gave you tons of small details & showed them in an interesting...sometimes extremely powerful way. The bus demonstration was both moving & informative.
I would recommend hanging out near the back of the group- you really get the full effect. Also the figures of Martin Luther King & the others on the Victory Ride are really well done. Lastly, the rotating exhibit while we were there just happened to be about Michael Jackson.
We were here with an elementary school group. Great tour guide too!

2  Thank ShutRBug267
Reviewed November 13, 2012

This museum has 2 parts. The "Childrens Museum" (which we didn't go to) we were told was not about Rosa Parks and is not a children's museum. We went to the main part of the museum which was all about Rosa Parks and the movement she started and that was led my Martin Luther King Jr. This was a very well done museum, and I strongly recommend it. I learned a lot and am very glad I went.

1  Thank Eric M
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Visiting this museum was something that I was very happy that I did with my son. Every person should go through the tour, there is so much that has been left out of the history books. We learned a lot that we didn't know, and it brought tears to my eyes.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Outstanding history lesson for a couple of Canadians who thought they knew about the civil rights movement. Can easily spend a couple of hours here. Do not miss this!

Been to Rosa Parks Library and Museum? Share your experiences!