“Fun place and great food!”

Wintzell's Oyster House
Ranked #7 of 466 Restaurants in Montgomery
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Montgomery, Alabama
“Fun place and great food!”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Had a large party (10) so we expected a wait. We were told that it might be an hour wait, but it was only a half hour or so. Food was really good. I had fried oysters with cheese grits and I was not disappointed. Everyone seemed pleased with their selections. They have several draft beer choices, too. Service was good, and we had a good time. Wintzell's s located downtown among several restaurants and bars. Great experience.

• Visited May 2013

Riverside, California
“Fun place with good oysters, lots of fried food”
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

I enjoy the atmosphere here and have had some good oysters. The rest of the food was good, but nothing overly special. We had fried pickles for an appetizer. The bar is lively and the place is decked out pretty cool.

• Visited April 2013
San Antonio, Texas
“Good See Food In Montgomery Alabama!”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

They are trying to rebuild the center of Montgomery. I wanted to go somewhere else but a local insisted we give Wintzell's Oyster House a try. They did not disappoint. Great service and great selection of food. They walls are lined with great sayings to keep the conversation going. I was a good evening with great food. Great southern style service and I just hope my pictures do the evening justice!

• Visited March 2013
Burbank, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Eat here”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I loved the fried oyster salad. Fried green tomatoes also excellent but way too much food. Atmosphere is casual and friendly, but also efficient.

Visited April 2013
Houston, Texas
“not the best value”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Ate their on 03172013... 12 dollars for a dozenraw oysters. kind of pricey and they were very small. Overall billwas 40 dollars andnt the best value for a dining experience. I will not go back

• Visited March 2013