“Eat here”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I loved the fried oyster salad. Fried green tomatoes also excellent but way too much food. Atmosphere is casual and friendly, but also efficient.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Ate their on 03172013... 12 dollars for a dozenraw oysters. kind of pricey and they were very small. Overall billwas 40 dollars andnt the best value for a dining experience. I will not go back

Reviewed March 4, 2013

First time I went to this place was at the Orange Beach, AL location. There was a long wait so we figured the place must be good...the food was terrible. Like...not even meh. Just bad. So when we happened across another Wintzell's in Montgomery we decided to give them another try (just in case). We like to eat at "local" places when traveling and not chains so why not? Plus it was right across the street from out hotel...can't beat that. That's where all the good ends. Yet again we were SUPER disappointed in our food.I got the red beans and rice. Super super dry. Like how dry can you make beans and rice? Apparently VERY. The only highlight in this meal was the 2 tiny pieces of sausage they threw in there. The chicken was just blah. We also got the fried pickles which were just ok and the fish tacos were bad too. Save yourself and try something else around the area out. We were only in town for a night so we didn't get get to try anywhere else in the area but there were plenty to choose from.

I must add our waitress was super friendly and helpful though. Too bad the food couldn't save her.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I've done my due diligence and eaten at Wintzell's three times and now they are O-U-T!
I have yet to have a decent meal at the place and the service is the worst I have ever experienced. Thankfully there are plenty of other restaurants downtown that I won't have to worry about this one in my future.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

A wonderful experience all around at the restaurant. Food was great; service was better. Would recommend it to anyone.