“Great Food!”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Troy, AL
“Great Food!”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

The wait is well worth it for the food served. I am a huge seafood fan, and everything I tried was excellent. Would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a great seafood dinner in the downtown area.

Visited February 2013

Wetumpka, Alabama
“Fantastic place”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Went there with some friends on Sat. Feb. 9th for lunch. I can say without any doubt I will be going back. Server was great, food was great, price reasonable. What else could one ask?

• Visited February 2013
alabama
“I love this place.”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I love this place. The food is great. The atmosphere is fun and lively. It can get a little loud when busy but worth it.

Visited January 2013
South Florida, Florida
“We travel around the world”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Our nephew & niece suggested the area around the Alabama river for dinner, because of the urban renewal and proximity to late night fun. We decided on Wintzell's Oyster House.

What a find! This was a great fun atmosphere, and the food was to die for!

We sat at the bar, very friendly bartender, chatting with us about New Orleans. We felt like we were there. The smells of the cooking, the slight noisiness of the crowd, the fresh oysters being shucked all added to the ambiance. We knew we were in a good place. The wine and other drinks we had at the bar were reasonably priced and very good.

Each of our party of four had different appetizers and entrees. Everything was excellent, and we kept passing our plates around trying to decide who had the best dinner. This was not just oysters of course, though my husband said they were some of the best he ever had. Someone had crab, another had a different shrimp dish, and I had shrimp & grits. I make it at home from a Bon Appetit recipe from the low country around Charleston. Mine is really good, Wintzell's was really good too...a little different, but I couldn't decide whose was best.

When asked where we wanted to go for Sunday brunch the next day, my husband suggested Wintzell's again, but we didn't make it back that day.

We'll be going there again soon, and the relatives will think it's to see them, but we have a secret agenda to eat twice at Wintzell's while we're there!

(I understand they have several restaurants in the southeast...wish they would come to South Florida!)

• Visited December 2012
Birmingham, Alabama
“Sorry Wintzell's, I gotta give you 2 forks 'down'”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

The night of January 7, 2013 I decided to give Wintzell's a whirl. I was in town for a business meeting and figured oysters 'some way' would give me a much needed pick-me-up after a day of 'blah, blah, blah...' well, no... my meal, and that of my business associate was blah, blah, blah.
Our server was very nice but the food was 'warm' at best and 'not' made fresh 'in-house' as both the menu and server stated. Wintzell's was a grand disappointment - end of story.

• Visited January 2013