“Sorry Wintzell's, I gotta give you 2 forks 'down'”

Wintzell's Oyster House
Ranked #4 of 480 Restaurants in Montgomery
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 11, 2013

The night of January 7, 2013 I decided to give Wintzell's a whirl. I was in town for a business meeting and figured oysters 'some way' would give me a much needed pick-me-up after a day of 'blah, blah, blah...' well, no... my meal, and that of my business associate was blah, blah, blah.
Our server was very nice but the food was 'warm' at best and 'not' made fresh 'in-house' as both the menu and server stated. Wintzell's was a grand disappointment - end of story.

1  Thank livs2eat

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Service, food and value are all excellent. The oyster po-boy was one of the best I've had. Not only seafood, but there is a good selection and variety for those who don't care for seafood. Casual atmosphere and just a bit noisy.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Ask for Fran & get amazing service & oysters of all flavors while dining at this unique oyster house in the heart of Montgomery, Alabama. You will not be disappointed. This place is an oyster lovers dream!

Reviewed December 4, 2012

A lunch visit with the wife and business partner was a total disappointment. It took almost 10 minutes to get beverages and about 30 minutes to get food. The blackened tilapia was not only lacking spice but undercooked. The crab cake BLT that was highly recommended by our server was disappointing with the undercooked and tough bacon overpowering the sandwich. Refills on drinks were non-existent. Don't go here!

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Food was excellent ,especially the oysters. I had a shrimp po boy and it was filling.
Only problem is that if a convention is held in town there will be a wait, but worth it.