“Clean yet moldy”

Ranked #14 of 71 Hotels in Montgomery
North Mississippi
“Clean yet moldy”
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

We stayed on a trip down to Florida. I reserved online and was checked in with ease. I couldn't receive reward points because I didn't reserve using hotels website. No biggie. Walked into a beautiful clean room that stank I mold. I should have walke back down to request a different room. I hoped that maybe the air needed turned up or something. That made it worse. The issue was the ac was holding water in the bottom of the unit and it was now moldy. You could hear water moving when the unit turned on to cool. When we checked out the next morning I reported it to the desk clerk. Would have been nice to have some compensation offered or a future upgrade or something but none was made. I have no idea if my report was turned in to management for repairs, but the king room on second floor-204 will just likely make you sick from mold. The breakfast was adequate. Typical fair with no boiled eggs though. I suggest picking up a small loaf of bread to carry outside and sit by the back pond to feed the ducks. A nice experience.

• Stayed September 2013
Christina T, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Montgomery, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you Blue Rose2001 for your stay and your comments. Management did receive your concerns for the ac unit in the room, a work order was placed. We've called a third party certified worker to pull out the unit and inspect it. We Glad you enjoyed the ducks and the lake it one of my favorite place when the sun sets in the evening. When your in our area again please call and ask for Tina Trammell to make your reservation. We are always looking to better our service.
Tina

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Korean first
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed September 27, 2013

The management and staff were very friendly and helpful. Additionally, the management and staff went the extra mile to make our stay comfortable. The rooms were clean and in good condition. I would recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Fort Wayne
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We didn't get to check in til late and checked out pretty early so I didn't get to experience as much as I'd like. But it was a very decent room. I liked the view if the pond. The bed was not that comfortable . The breakfast was good.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Americus
Reviewed September 17, 2013

From the time we checked-in, the staff were very helpful and went over and beyond to make our stay comfortable.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Mobile, Alabama, United States
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Up to date modern place. Grounds are well kept. A little further from the main exit off I-85. Staff super friendly. Used as home base for an Auburn Football weekend. Would have been a 5 out of 5 with the exception of slow draining bath tub. Free Breakfast is substantial.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends