“Great stay, surprised by the pond in the back”

Wingate by Wyndham Montgomery
Ranked #14 of 71 Hotels in Montgomery
Nashville, Tennessee
“Great stay, surprised by the pond in the back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

This was my first stay at a Wingate. Despite the fact the hotel was busy on August 31st (with the first College Football games of the season going on nearby), Despite getting a ground floor room (historically the busiest floor in any hotel I've been in), the room was quiet and comfortable. The staff were all very friendly and the breakfast was good.

The biggest surprise was the pond in the back. I do photography, so before we left, I took a few just to shoot some pictures of the wildlife that was hanging around. It's not part of the hotel itself, but you do have a view of the pond from the back parking area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Korean first
Smyrna, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

My friend and I visited Montgomery, AL for a couple of days for a quick getaway. When we arrived at The Wingate by Wyndham we were immediately greeted by a friendly gentleman receptionist at check-in. The hotel was just as warm and welcoming as its staff. In the AM they served an awesome warm and tasty breakfast with a variety of selections from sausage, biscuit and gravy, waffles, yogurt, fresh fruit, and cereal, to coffee, juices, and skim milk... Not sure who the young lady was who appeared to be extra friendly and helpful, but she scrolled around enthusiastically ensuring that everyone was okay, and that things flowed well between the staff and the guest. She was definitely a plus for the hotel. That southern hospitality goes a long way with out-of-towners. Yes!!! Wingate by Wyndham gets an "A+" in my book! With its excellent price, friendly and awesome staff, and great customer service, I'm sure to stay there on my next visit to Montgomery, and will more than likely stay at other locations as I visit other cities, as well. Thanks a bunch, Wingate for making ours stay a memorable one!!!

Room Tip: We requested a room with a nice view and were able to get one facing the picnic area near the waters...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Mobile, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Up to date decor, very clean, outdoor duck pond and breakfast were very nice. The rate is extremely reasonable. It is very Convenient, only one exit away from the newest shopping area and just down the street from the mall. Its two exits away from ASU Hornet Stadium ( 10 minutes -tops). I stay at least 6 times a year.

Room Tip: You can not be the rate for the quality. I have stayed at about every hotel on East Blvd. and thi...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Mobile
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

I love coming to the lovely landscaped exterior and being greeted by friendly staff. The room was large and nicely decorated. I choose Wingate because of the friendly staff and the nice room at a great value when doing business in Montgomery.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Gallion
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

I had to find a place to stay for several weeks while my husband is in the hospital. I stayed my first week at another hotel and it had the smell of smoke, so the next week I tried Wingate, and I have been returning each week. I love it, and it really helps my budget to have a great breakfast before I go over and stay with my husband all day. When I return to my room it is always clean and the staff always ask if I need anything. They are all great, especially Tina Trammell. She took time to listen to my husband's health problem, when I really needed a friend to talk to. I love them all. The staff constantly puts out fresh food at the breakfast bar and they are all so kind.
Deborah T.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Mississippi State
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

This is an incredible value for the area. It is well worth small extra distance from the interstate.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family