“Gross!”

Wingate by Wyndham Montgomery
Ranked #15 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
Reviewed October 22, 2012

The people that said this hotel was nice prior to me...???I am so confused on what was nice, LOL!! It was filthy!

OMG! Where do I start! This hotel was FILTHY and I will complain because $50 + tax on Travelocity is WAY too much for this nasty, filthy place and $10 extra when I got there because they won't give you a double bed; I have stayed in nicer motel 6's, if you just want to be cheap!

My daughter laid down in the bed before i could inspect it, so when I pulled the covers back MY BABY WAS LAYING ON A DRIED UP BLOODY SHEET!!!!!!!!!!

I go tell the front desk staff and she doesn't look all that surprise, which is alarming! I get new, dinghy sheets to change the bed MYSELF and low and behold the mattress pad has a yellow, bodily fluid stain that matches the yellow, nasty stain on the comforter that's probably been on there for weeks!

I go BACK to the front desk and tell them that they are going to do something! I am told that MANAGER RITA (That never shows her face) says they can't do anything but move me. Well the move room was equally nasty smh, ugh, so gross and AS MUCH AS I HATED TO SHOWER, we'd been driving all day and I had to do it, at the cost of water building up around my feet because the drain was clogged smh.

WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!!!!!! Never again! At least I got a $50 voucher from Travelocity and the pleasure of posting bad comments anywhere that will let me!

Room Tip: Never stay here is my tip. Go to the Motel 6 it's cleaner, if you just want cheap!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Janine B

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We booked this hotel on line. We checked in around 7:00 PM and the desk person was not behind the desk but did finally come out. She was not that friendly. The room was very nice and clean. The location is great because of the resturants and it's far enough off the road and interstate not to hear the traffic. The bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was OK. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
2  Thank A Wyndham traveler
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I know when trying to find a hotel to stay, I always read the reviews. My husband was having surgery so we needed a room for only one night. Cleanliness is on the top of my list and I first noticed walking down the hall to our room how clean everything was and smelled. Our room was excellent, everyone was so friendly and helpful and would definitely stay at the Wingate if needed while in Montgomery.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
Reviewed August 31, 2012

A 3 night stay due to hurricane Issac was plenty at this "recently" renovated hotel. On that subject....there were obvious improvements, and the room we had showed some updates. But why they stopped short of completely repainting the room, leaving marks and scratches and patchwork touch-ups, who knows? The pool area was reasonably well kept, but parking lot adjacent. A trip to the hot tub, while the water was clean, showed saggy, yellow ceiling tiles and cigarette buts in the artificial plants. The work out room was 3 machines, 2 of which were missing parts or broken completely. In the lobby and breakfast area, things were well kept, except the trash cans that seemed to be overflowing constantly. Which might have contributed to the stairwell smelling like garbage. Breakfast was free and decent, the self prepared waffles tasty and kid friendly. Staff was friendly and helpful, but I think a little overwhelmed by the full house. The beds comfy, rooms reasonably sized and clean. $55 a night on Priceline, so overall.....you get what you pay for ;)

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank vantine8665
Reviewed August 27, 2012

In town one night only for some firefighter testing. I took a chance with the Hotwire Hot Rate, and had mixed feelings after reading some of the reviews on here. This property is certainly not the Ritz Carlton, but it's a far cry from the back alley trash dumpster a few people are complaining about. The building is certainly not new, but overall the hotel is quite clean and in a decent area. My room is well put together, clean and spacious, and has a King size Tempur-pedic bed. The hot tub was clean and hot, pool was clean and cool, and the fitness area was clean and usable (left a little to be desired equipment wise, but what do you expect, a Gold's Gym?). The property could use some minor upgrades and maintenince (no flat screen tv, paint touch ups in a few places, etc.), but I would certainly stay here again. On a scale of 1-10, I'd give it a solid 7.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank CaptainRockSxD
Reviewed August 24, 2012

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Susan C