“Not up to Wingate standards”

Wingate by Wyndham Montgomery
Ranked #15 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
Reviewed February 26, 2012

Stayed here on a road trip after staying at a great Wingate in Atlanta. It was like they aren't even part of the same company!! This hotel looks like a (very poorly) refurbished Days Inn. The hallways have peeling wallpaper, the carpet in the rooms was stained, the shower was moldy. The breakfast was awful- few choices, and items ran out. Only positive was the comfortable bed.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank amandatravels_11
There are newer reviews for Wingate by Wyndham Montgomery

Reviewed February 9, 2012

First let me say that we had a charge on our card we used at check-in 3 weeks ago and have yet to get that charge reversed. The receipt I was given at check out had no charges listed on it. I have called and left messages and have not gotten a return call!

The our room was not clean - hair was in the sick upon arrival like it had not been cleaned properly after the last guests checked out. We also found out the hair dryer did not work late at night and the desk clerk told me there was nothing she could do to help as they did not have any extras and all of the rooms were full.

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone and unfortunately we booked through Hotwire so we were out of luck on our complaints as well.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank jw1014
Reviewed January 24, 2012

I was charged twice for my stay. Paid in cash then they charged my credit card the next day. I have called numberous times (seven to be exact) and the manager Mike Patel nor his wife Rita Patel will talk to me or return my calls! My money still has not been return on my card. I even called the 1-800 number and was told that the hotel was privately owned, they even acted like they did not care.
When I checked in the girl at the desk was extremely rude. I asked her to make sure that they knew I was paying in cash when I checked out, even asked her to write it on the card. She said she did, and for me not to worry about it. When I checked out the girl was rude (different girl) she was only worried about her food someone had just brought to her from Panera Bread. I paid in cash, asked her about my card she said it was not charged have a good day.
What should you expect when they have no show/no call manager/owners!
Will NEVER stay here again!

Room Tip: Unless you like paying double stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SuzanneMorris_AL
Reviewed December 15, 2011

Fair at best - would be great if had better staff.
Stayed here last week - no meat on bfast bar - was told "sorry we ran out". It was 7:30am.
Stayed here this week - no cream for coffee - was told "sorry we ran out". It was 7:30am.

Wonder if they have ever heard about grocery stores? There's one across street. Wonder why they couldn't have sent somebody across street to it? Bottom line - about 3 people stayed here both nights I was here - and they operate on a bear minimum.

Two rooms - two weeks - both smelled musty.
Hair on floor of bathroom.

The good - room on back has nice view of small lake. Bed is incredible.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank eatsoutawholelot
Reviewed November 28, 2011

My husband and I stayed here when we came to see Frankie Beverly and Maze in concert.....The reservations were made third party, so we paid in advance. Great price for great view, room had a very nice view, we had a corner room and it was quiet so it was great...the room was clean, we had little interaction with the staff, but check-in was pleasant. The breakfast was continental including bacon and eggs.

The only negative thing I can say is the address comes up incorrectly in the GPS and that can be a pain after you've traveled many hours. The hotel is on the East blvd frontage road not the main highway...."off the beaten path" behind Lowe's...hope this helps the next person....Have fun...we did.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed November 20, 2011

Stayed at the Wingate as all of the downtown hotels were full. A very solid overnight stay - with an incredible bed. The hotel is about ten minutes outside of the downtown, but plenty of restaurants and bars nearby. No frills, but serves complimentary breakfast, coffee. Again - amazing foam bed, but old fashioned heat / cooling unit can be a bit loud. For the price, was a very comfortable stay for a quick overnight business trip.

• Stayed: November 2011
3  Thank McAliente
Reviewed August 27, 2011

The reservation staff was extremely helpful and professional, since we were a very late arrival. The Desk Clerk was courteous and pleasant. The room was very clean and the complimentary Breakfast was excellent. Overall, this property was outstanding.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family