“Very Good for the Price”

Days Inn Montgomery
Days Inn Montgomery
Ranked #46 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
Alabama
“Very Good for the Price”
Reviewed October 8, 2011

Enjoyed the 4 day stay. Had meetings in the area.
Front desk helpful. Will stay there again. Comfortable.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank gonzdom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Reviewed July 8, 2011

We booked this motel over others specifically because they advertised queen sized beds on expedia. We were stopping here over night on our drive to Florida, and we were sleeping 4 to a room. The beds were very comfortable, and everything was clean. The building looks really new, and there was plenty of room for my disabled brother to sleep on the floor. However, the beds were only full sized, not queen, which was more uncomfortable for our party, which was all adults. The breakfast was what anyone should expect from a motel, cereal, a few bread items, and a waffle maker. There was a smell lingering throughout the motel, but the locals we talked to said it is all over Montgomery, and it is from the paper mill. It has nothing to do with the Days Inn.

• Stayed June 2011
4 Thank KerriMcAffrey
vipul128, General Manager at Days Inn Montgomery, responded to this review, July 12, 2011
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. I am glad that you found our hotel to be very clean and comfortable. Rest assured that our mattresses in our rooms with 2 beds are all Queen sized mattresses with standard Queen sized dimensions purchased from Simmons just 1 year ago. We only offer King and Queen sized beds at our property. Thank you again for your kind words and we hope to see you again!
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed March 8, 2011

This hotel was clean, however upon check in there were no washcloths in our room but the young man at the front was apologetic and gave us some. Breakfast was adequate, but would like to see some more hot items on the breakfast bar. The staff was friendly and professional and were able to guide us to a good restaurant to eat for dinner that night. The rooms were really quiet which was a great surprise, we had two rooms and my kids were next door and I never heard them. I will stay here again next month.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank carguy1985
westvirginia
Reviewed July 31, 2010

I found this hotel to be a horrible experience. Upon arrival to the room I found a cock-roach in the bathroom. I called down to front desk only to be told that they would tell management, no other solution was offered. The hotel advertises flat screen TV but my room had none. The breakfast that was offered was a joke. Cold coffee, warm milk and stale cereal and to top all this off the maid walked in on me while I was getting dressed. She did not knock, nor did she speak a word of English. The only good thing about this hotel was the beds were confortable.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank starstogether3
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed July 4, 2010

I stopped in for one night in this hotel on a return road trip from Florida, and I wish I had gone somewhere else. The location was not convenient to anything except for the Storage Depot next door and across the street. The hotel clerk seemed disinterested in his job. The hotel had no elevators so I had to drag my suitcases up a couple of flights of stairs. The hotel room was poorly decorated and looked like it hadn't been updated in decades. Every piece of metal or chrome in the room was either dirty or rusted. The wooden desk looked as if it were purchased at a yard sale (it was rather scuffed and worn). The cheap baseboards in the bathroom were peeling off the walls. The bathroom tile was cracked, and the grout was filthy. The wireless internet was completely inaccessible. The bed was uncomfortable. The contintental breakfast was so pathetic I skipped it and went somewhere else for breakfast.

Do yourself a big favor. If you need a hotel in the Montgomery area, go anywhere else but to this one.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank weary_traveller25
Mounds View, Minnesota
Reviewed June 17, 2010

We found the rooms to be quite large. The bathroom was large (much larger than in most motels). It was very clean and the beds were extremely comfortable. Even the hallways were wider than normal. The only downside was the continental breakfast. There was little variety and only 3 tables to sit at.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Boston
Reviewed January 3, 2010

Stay started in a sort of annoying way. Desk clerk wouldn't give us the rate we had seen on Hotels.com, so we had to go to the parking lot, borrow a wireless signal, and book it online. (I don't get this -- the hotel has to pay a fee to the web site. Why would they want to do that instead of offer me the best rate themselves? Oh well.) The rest of the one-night stay was fine, but my wife complained the entire time about the room smelling "like a diaper." I didn't notice it at all until the next morning, but then, in one particular spot in the room, it hit me. It was pretty gross. Overall, the stay wasn't that bad, but that one smell pretty much ruined things for us.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple