“A Pleasant Surprise” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #26 of 71 Hotels in Montgomery
Montgomery, Alabama
“A Pleasant Surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at the Candlewood Suites in Montgomery, Alabama and we were pleasantly surprised. We’ve stayed at Candlewood Suites before in other towns when we travel, so I knew what to expect as far as the rooms, amenities, etc. What set this particular Candlewood apart was the availability and friendliness of the staff. We were always greeted with a smile and all of requests were fulfilled promptly. I would definitely recommend the Candlewood Suites in Montgomery whether your trip is for business or pleasure.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Katherine W, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Montgomery, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
I would like to thank you for choosing the Candlewood Suites for your stay here in Montgomery Al. I will make sure I share it with the staff on how they made your stay even better. They work very hard to give out the best customer service in the Montgomery area. Hope to see you again in future stays.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Flowery Branch, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

From the outside this newer build hotel looks like a nicer place than it is. I walk up the entrance with trash literally overflowing from both trash cans. The hallways did not get vacuumed the whole week I stayed. The same fuzz, strings, styrofoam that was left there all week made me wonder how clean my room actually was. The bed and I had a bad first night, I could never get comfortable my whole stay.

On the bright side the open kitchenette was nice if you were going to be there a while and cook. There were DVD players in the room so you could also check out a DVD for free at the front desk from about 120 titles.

Perhaps the biggest kicker for me was in the AM when I realized there was no sort of breakfast whatsoever. I was told I could go across the street and eat at the Holiday Inn Express (owned by the same person) which I never did because it was inconvenient. Bottomline is if you are going to be in Montgomery for an extended stay there are far nicer, kept up hotels within a mile of this property.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
I would like to start out by apologizing for your bad encounter during your stay here at Candlewood Suites. I realize you checked in on Mermorial Day and want to apologize for the trash cans being full. Our extended stay guest were enjoying there day off. I am glad you brought it to my attention and I have had a talk with the staff to make sure trash is emptied through out the day. Our brand does not offer breakfast that is why we allow our guest that has it negotiated in there rate have breakfast at our sister property. I sure hope you can give us another chance to make this up to you.
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stay at the Candlewood Suites every time I am in Montgomery. It's always a pleasure to stay from the check-in to speedy check-out. If at any time I have an issue all you have to do is contact the front desk ad it is taken care of (which is VERY FEW). Katherine Lee (GM) and staff run a great hotel.

Clean, quite, and has everything the business traveler needs.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Katherine W, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Montgomery, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review! The staff is pleased to know we were able to provide you the “home away from home” experience. We invite you to stay with us on your next trip to Montgomery, work or fun! Thank you again, and safe travels!
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

Very professional staff!! Room very large with stove, full size fridge, etc.. I thought someone was messing with my A/C but found out that the A/C turns off when you leave the room, and turns back on when you walk back in. I would have given 5 stars but held back for the trash that pilled up just outside the front door. (and grille area) (and every trash can) Not sure what was up with this? Ask front desk about the cleaning and she said it was only done on Weds. (Dang...we were there Thurs - Tues...) WH and Crackle B was the only food within walking distance (Hotel offers no food). WalMart and Eastchase shops very close!! Will love to stay here again!!!

Room Tip: Not much of a view either way. Front looks at I-85, and the back looks at Sports Academy
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Katherine W, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Montgomery, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. We are always looking for ways to improve the experience of our guests. It is a very rewarding event when our guests take the time to let us know that we are keeping them interested in our property. The greatest compliment we can have is for our guest to continue to return. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip!
Ellenwood, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

This is our 2nd time staying here. My husband travels a lot I have to say by far this is the best place. I would like to thank Debra Jackson for all of her help. We had no idea where to eat or what to do for activities. When we came down stairs, she had a list of places to eat and activities with directions and a map of Montgomery. She asked if we were satisfied with the room and if we needed anything else. She is truly an gem to Candlewood Suites.
The Bathroom was spacious and had everything we needed. The room had lots of space and the full kitchen.
The staff goes out of their way to make sure you have everything you need. This hotel has the best staff. This is my place to stay whenever we are in Montgomery.

Oh before I forget while we were checking in, the housekeeper turn our air condition on in our room.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Katherine W, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Montgomery, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for your review. Here at the Candlewood Suites we are very proud of our reputation for providing EXCELLENT guest service and we work hard to meet and exceed the expectations of every single person who chooses to stay with us. We are glad we were able to make a good impression on you in such a short time. We hope that you have the opportunity to visit Montgomery again so that you have more time to experience the full range of amenities available at our hotel.
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

Everything was really nice. Was recognized right away as a platium member. Got free snacks and two drinks. Very nice touch and thank you. We had a room on the first floor no problem as we checked in early that was all that was ready. The room had two queen beds and was very clean. Bathroom was spacious and had everything we needed. The room had lots of space and the full kitchen would be great if you have your family with you.

Really just slept there but had no issues and everyone was very nice and welcoming. We stayed so we could visit the casino which was a short drive from the hotel. Looking forward to coming back on our next trip to the casino.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We are very proud of the caring, comfortable, and consistent level of service we provide here at the Candlewood Suites in Montgomery Alabama. We know that you have a lot of options to choose from when selecting a hotel and we really appreciate that you chose to do business with us. If you are ever in the area again, we hope that you will stay with us again and we have the opportunity to provide you with and even more EXCELLENT experience next time.
Dothan, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

Always enjoy staying at Candlewood Suites, Montgomery, Al.. It is clean and the staff go out of their way to make you feel at home! If you should need anything, they are ready, all you need to do is ask!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your kind review! We truly appreciate your business and we look forward to exceeding your expectations on your next stay!