“awesome stay”

Ranked #29 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
Montgomery, Alabama
“awesome stay”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

my stay at candlewood was very good. ms. kynthia and ms. katherin were very nice and profesional they made my stay there very comfrotable and answered all the questions i had. next time i come to montgomery i will come there again and i will tell my friends and co workers.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Katherine W, Manager at Candlewood Suites Montgomery, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
First I want to say sorry about the delay in this response. I guess my first response did not get posted. I am so happy to hear such kind words about our team. We here at Candlewood Suites strive to have the best in customer service. Hope to see you on your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Alabama
Reviewed January 30, 2013

This was my 3rd time to stay at this hotel. I had a nice quiet stay. The price was great. I did not use the kitchen but it was nice having it just in case. Wifi worked great as well. The person at the front desk (Stephanie) was very nice and helpful. Great location and a great nights rest.

1 Thank Bama_mom456
Katherine W, Manager at Candlewood Suites Montgomery, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for returning back to Candlewood Suite when traveling to Montgomery Alabama. We appreciate the feed back on your stay at our property. I will pass on to Stephaine your comments on how she took care of you. We are so glad to have her as part of our family. We look forward to seeing you back again. Once again thanks for making Candlewood Suites your home away from home.
Cartersville, Georgia
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Ive been staying at Candlewood Suites three to four nights a week for over a year.The staff is great,they help me with anything that i need during my stay.The hotel is located in a area that is close to the interstate.Rooms are always clean when i check in.The laundary room is great so you can wash your dirty clothes while you stay and not when you get home.The hotel is near lots of great places to eat and shop.They have grills for you to use when you want a steak.

Room Tip: all rooms are great
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
We are so glad you guys are staying at our property. Its nice seeing you guys come in every week we have made you a part of our family. If there is anything you need during your stay please let us know. Thanks for making Candlewood your home away from home.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

The location of this budget hotel puts it between the Interstate at the front and a railway track at the rear so don't expect a quiet stay.
Noisy fridge/freezer in the room completes the continual disturbance and in case we were hard of hearing they put us in a room next to the lift - yes, one of those that sounds an alarm every time it arrives at your floor !
Some of the utensils in the room were dirty too eg cooking pot and drinking glasses.!
You would probably do better at the other IHG lodging up the road at the Staybridge although being franchises these hotels vary a lot in quality standards.

• Stayed January 2013
Katherine W, Manager at Candlewood Suites Montgomery, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Our hotel is located conveniently close to interstate 85. The train tracks that are located behind our property are not working train tracks. When making reservations at our property we do take special request, so if you request to be on a certain floor or away from the elevator we try our best to assign rooms due to the request you have ask for. Our property is only 3 years and is a very nice property. When coming back to the Montgomery area i hope you consider us and give us another chance.
Dublin
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Stayed here on route to Florida so was a minimal overnight stay
On the positive- staff were super nice. Rooms very cheap, minimal but clean so fine for an overnight.
On the negative, it's a few miles to downtown (of which there is very little anyway) and npvery basic so I wouldn't stay for more than a night. It was incredibly cold the night I arrived and the rooms were pretty cold.
But would recommend for a value short stay

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Ellenwood, Georgia
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We stayed during Thanksgiving week, we arrive early and the receptionist Roxanne was very nice, she allowed us to check in early.

Everyone we encounter was very nice and always willing to help.
I was expecting a bigger room and the bathroom could use more lights, its was rather dark. Our room was facing the interstate the traffic woke us up several times. The walls are very thin. We heard someone on the phone at 6am it sound as if he was in the room with us. We could hear the entire conversation.

But overall a nice stay and would stay again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

I was looking for a place in this area and the price here was good plus they had a $20 gift card offer. I was greeted quickly on arrival but it started downhill from there. They didn't have the gas card and told me to come back down in a little while and she would find it. So I went on up to the room to settle in. The "studio suite" was pretty small, nothing fancy and paper thin walls. I could hear everything in the halls and adjoining rooms. No problem-turn the TV up a little.

So I ordered a pizza and decided to go down and pick up my gas card. And-yep, not there again. Headed back up and when the pizza got there I decided to grab a plate. WOW. There was a sign that said utensils have been washed but not sanitized but it was NASTY! I added a couple of pics.

On the bright side, the bed slept well and my breakfast was next door at cracker barrel so I was able to walk over. After breakfast my gas card was ready when I checked out. Overall there are much better choices in this area and I usually stay at the Hampton or Fairfield. When I told them about the plate and showed her the picture all she did was say " I'm sorry".

• Stayed November 2012