“The WORST Pet Friendly Hotel Experience to Date”

Magnolia Inn and Suites
Ranked #49 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
Williamsburg, Virginia
“The WORST Pet Friendly Hotel Experience to Date”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

I have been traveling regularly with a dog since 2005. This was the WORST stay I've had in a "pet friendly" hotel in all that time.

I arrived at 5:45PM local time to check in. I was told that my room had not been cleaned and was told that I could go somewhere else if I wanted. Told them it was a little late to find another dog friendly hotel. Was offered $25 off and I accepted.

I came back over an hour later and went to my room. I immediately smelled cigar smoke when I got off the elevator, looked down, and saw cigar ashes all over the floor. Walked down the hall to my room at the end and noticed that the hall didn't look like it had been vacuumed in weeks.

There were a few things that didn't work in my room, including the TV. At least the room was clean.

Housekeeping didn't touch my room the next day.

When I checked out after my second night, my bill did not reflect the money I was promised was being taken off the bill. I mentioned this to the lady at the desk and she goes "WHO told you that we were going to take money off on the room?" I answered, "YOU did!" It just so happened that the same lady had checked me in when I arrived. She asked me why I was getting money off the room and I told her. I was then given the money off that I promised.

This fiasco is even MORE unfortunate because I had just stayed at a LaQuinta in Greenville, SC that rated as my BEST pet friendly hotel experience...

Room Tip: Go someplace else.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank BCole61

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Reviewed May 25, 2014

this is a nice, clean place to feel at home for the night. we were welcomed and made to feel at home. it is also pet friendly, the beds were comfy and we slept very well. it is also easy to access, the breakfast was well done , there were plenty of options and our dog was right at home.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Friendswood, United States
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Had a suite (two rooms). Excellent value. Service was great, except check in clerk was totally disinterested. Hotel is older LaQuinta but very very pleasant. Have stayed here before and will again. This trip there for a week visiting grandkids. The value makes this an outstanding deal.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Atlanta, United States
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Imagine turning the covers down and finding blood on the sheets when you just into your room. Order another set and they were dirty. Another set and they were dirty. Packed up the group and we all left.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

1 Thank Monica P
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

Smelled like smoke, even though it was supposed to be a non-smoking room. The entire facility was dirty... Table in room had a ring from a glass, showing that it had not been wiped down. Comforter had large spot. We didn't even put down our bags.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Amanda P
Alabama, United States
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Family friendly and couple friendly hotel. Fast and accurate check in. Fast and accurate check out. Very friendly staff. Clean rooms and clean common areas. Free breakfast with good food choices. Close to food and shopping areas.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family