Magnolia Inn and Suites
Ranked #49 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
Reviewed May 1, 2013

The hotel is an older one. Our room had big stains on the carpet. The carpet was wet, not sure why. Bathroom was very clean. The microwave did not work and refrigerator had someone's food in it...the staff was nice and friendly. The price for this room was definitely not worth it.

Room Tip: Try to reserve rooms online, some websites can save you a lot if money.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank V C

Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

We spent one night at this hotel on the first leg of a road trip. The room was not large, but comfortable and clean. The breakfast selection was quite basic. Still, given the low rate, we were quite satisfied and were happy with our choice.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Stips
Reviewed April 10, 2013

The hotel is ideally located on the I85 although it is tucked behind a closed down restaurant. We were greeted by a reasonably friendly desk clerk. There was a slight smell of cigarette smoke inside the hotel more of this later. Our room was reasonably clean and had all the usual facilities one expects to find in a La Quinta. On lying in bed I looked up and noticed a previous occupant had covered the smoke detector with a plastic bag a bit worrying that no one from housekeeping had either noticed this r the smell of cigarette smoke. This will not stop me staying a La Quinta but should be investigated by the management.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
2  Thank A La Quinta traveler
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I had a two day training siminar that I had to attend, and this hotel was book for me by workplace. I decided to rent another room for the day before and my wife and I made a mini-vacation out of it. I must say, this place was very nice, the staff were great, and there were many choices at the breakfast bar. The room was spacious and clean. I orederd a non-smoking room, and that is what I got. Not even a hint anyone had ever smoked in the room before. The shower had plenty of hot water, there was a single serve coffee maker, hair dryer, iron & ironing board, microwave, and minfridge, also a large tv. I thought that Ii would have to switch rooms, as the room I was in was different from the one booked for me, however the staff were very accommodating and let us stay in the same room if we wished... which we did... and at no additional cost. My wife and I have already decided that if and when we go bck to Montgomery, we will be staying here again.

Room Tip: We had a room on the ground floor. There was no noise from the street.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank KenS7
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I rate rooms on cleanliness, comfort of beds, clean floors, how I am treated by hotel
personnel. I found everything met my expectations. I enjoyed my stay. Comfort of beds
and clean floors are a must and this location got an A+.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
2  Thank 602barbaraj
Reviewed March 8, 2013

La Quinta has many nice properties, but this is not one of them. First, it's hard to even find since it's buried behind other businesses including a now closed restaurant. One drives through some deteriorating parking lots to reach it. There's been some kind of feeble attempt to renovate it in a kind of "hip" look, which fails miserably. There's an even older La Quinta next door with outside access rooms that looks even worse. You wonder if it's even safe to park your car overnight.The breakfast area is to tiny and congested, we didn't even try to get in ...went elsewhere to eat. One plus: Check-in was efficient and welcoming and the general manager herself was managing the desk. La Quinta needs to dump these two properties and start over somewhere else in the city.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple