“A great place to stay.”

Ranked #49 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
Birmingham, Alabama
“A great place to stay.”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I had a two day training siminar that I had to attend, and this hotel was book for me by workplace. I decided to rent another room for the day before and my wife and I made a mini-vacation out of it. I must say, this place was very nice, the staff were great, and there were many choices at the breakfast bar. The room was spacious and clean. I orederd a non-smoking room, and that is what I got. Not even a hint anyone had ever smoked in the room before. The shower had plenty of hot water, there was a single serve coffee maker, hair dryer, iron & ironing board, microwave, and minfridge, also a large tv. I thought that Ii would have to switch rooms, as the room I was in was different from the one booked for me, however the staff were very accommodating and let us stay in the same room if we wished... which we did... and at no additional cost. My wife and I have already decided that if and when we go bck to Montgomery, we will be staying here again.

Room Tip: We had a room on the ground floor. There was no noise from the street.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank KenS7

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Southside, Alabama, USA
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I rate rooms on cleanliness, comfort of beds, clean floors, how I am treated by hotel
personnel. I found everything met my expectations. I enjoyed my stay. Comfort of beds
and clean floors are a must and this location got an A+.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

2 Thank 602barbaraj
Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed March 8, 2013

La Quinta has many nice properties, but this is not one of them. First, it's hard to even find since it's buried behind other businesses including a now closed restaurant. One drives through some deteriorating parking lots to reach it. There's been some kind of feeble attempt to renovate it in a kind of "hip" look, which fails miserably. There's an even older La Quinta next door with outside access rooms that looks even worse. You wonder if it's even safe to park your car overnight.The breakfast area is to tiny and congested, we didn't even try to get in ...went elsewhere to eat. One plus: Check-in was efficient and welcoming and the general manager herself was managing the desk. La Quinta needs to dump these two properties and start over somewhere else in the city.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Bill418
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here out of necessity. I needed some sleep after working all day and driving about 450 miles. Had it not been for that I would have driven on. This is an old location acquired when they purchased another chain. It is old, dirty in the common areas and not up to the normal La Quinta standards.
When I got to my room the TV didn't work, the. Clock wasn't even set to the proper time. Although the room was clean it is well worn from years if use.
i stay in a lot of La Quintas including having just spent 3 weeks at the Greensboro NC property. So I know a bad one when I run across one. La Quintas are normally very good hotels at a fair price. This is one to drive by if at all possible.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Jlarue111
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This place was a nightmare. The La Quinta property next door is even worse. We stayed for 60 days while hubby completed military training at Maxwell AFB. During this time we were moved to four rooms. The rooms were moldy. The solution was for the maintenance guy to paint over the mold with standard white wall paint. On two occasions, the mini cartons of milk at breakfast were soured and clumps fell out into my husband cereal. The landscape guy damaged my car with his mower. Hotel management gave me the run-around. After further investigation, I learned that their lawn guy isn't licensed or insured. In fact, in the past, he's been in trouble for owning and operating a commercial business without being licensed or insured. I called the La Quinta CEO's office many times. I never got so much as a returned phone call. Aside from all of this, the pool was often filthy. Hotel management doesn't do well at keeping out non-guests. There were lots of loud beer parties at night. There were loud fights. The cops were there many times. It looked like a ghetto scene from COPS. A swat team came to raid a room that was possibly being used as a meth lab. Hotel management did nothing but weakly apologize. On two different occasions, hubby and I were in our room in the bed when other hotel guests walked in on us. Apparently the desk clerk rented our room to new guests and issued an electronic key which not only violated our privacy and could have put us in danger, when the clerk issues a new room key- the existing key is now unusable. There are far better places to stay.

Room Tip: In my opinion, there are NO good rooms at this location. Find another hotel. There are lots of nice...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business