“Great Southern food at a good price.”
Review of Fried Tomato Buffet - MOVED

Fried Tomato Buffet
Cuisines: American
Description: Fried Tomato Buffet 6050 Atlanta Highway, Montgomery, AL 36117-2856. Phone. (334)244-6162
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Lots of veggies, a good size salad bar, bread pudding and fried green tomatoes to die for! The fried chicken was not the best I've had, a bit on the dry side, but the fried fish was great, and the Salisbury steak was great. I loaded up on southern veggies i haven't had since my granny was alive! Rutabagas, field peas, fried squash, collards, corn salad, I could just keep going!!! Good service, even though the place was busy, my family of 5 was seated and drinks served quickly. The kids loved the food, and even my picky eater helped himself to 3 plates of food. We will definitely go back when we are in town.

Reviewed February 24, 2012

We love this place, incredible quality food for a buffet. Have eaten here many times and have never had a bad meal. Where else in the world can you get rutabagas and fried green tomatos every day!!! This is the first place we eat when we come back to town. Try it.

1  Thank TravelNurses2
Reviewed December 9, 2011

You absolutely cannot beat the value you get at this place. 2 people can easily eat under $20 with money left over for a tip. Food choices are changed on a daily basis so it's not the same thing every day. My only caveat to that statement is that they do serve many of the same items on the same day each week. If you happen to only get in there on a particular day each time, you will see some repetition. Don't go looking for gourmet selections here. It's strictly comfort food for the most part...chicken, beef, pork, rice, assorted veggies, rolls, a decent salad bar, and some dessert choices. Servers are usually very attentive and keep your table clean and your drinks filled. I've been to this place several times and in only one instance, did I feel like the food was not up to par. I give everyone an "off" day every now and then. Like I said, out of the many times I've been, I've only had one instance where I wasn't very satisfied.

1  Thank Chris B
Reviewed November 27, 2011

First, I should disclose that the word "buffet" in the title already biased me against this restaurant, but I can truthfully say it earned my displeasure on its own.

This is one of those restaurants that apparently earns its popularity from the "all you can eat for one set price" policy. While admittedly that price is quite reasonable, I didn't see any item on the buffet that warranted paying even that small price.

Since most of the entrees and vegetables are fried or made into casseroles, the key ingredient of which is canned cream of mushroom soup, I opted for the salad bar. The greens were wilted and the vegetable choices were few, most of which were tired looking and picked over.

Service consists of someone taking your drink order. After that, you are on your own.

Obviously some people like this place, as the parking lot is almost always full. But the food is not good or healthy, the service is almost non-existent, and the place has no atmosphere unless you like to eat in what sounds like a rowdy football stadium. If you're really hungry and only care about how much food you can swallow for 8 bucks, this is your place. Otherwise, avoid this place.