“beautiful”

Alabama Shakespeare Festival
Ranked #12 of 68 things to do in Montgomery
More attraction details
Owner description: The Alabama Shakespeare Festival, located in Montgomery - Alabama's state capital - is a fully professional regional theatre that produces around ten productions each season in association with Actors' Equity Association, The Stage Directors and Choreographers Society and United Scenic Artists union. Productions of Shakespeare are at the artistic core of the company. Broadway musicals, children's productions, American classics and world premieres round out the annual offerings at ASF.
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Excellent production, acoustics, costumes and actors; magnificent setting, gorgeous theater. Wish we had time to visit the museum too.

1  Thank Katherine B

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Such a beautiful place! I love the grounds. They are very scenic and inviting. I love the outdoors and nature and I went on a quiet, nice day when it was a great time to take it all in.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We went to see the Great Gatsby Valentine's Day weekend. The show was great, the theater and grounds are beautiful. Even though there was a huge crowd for simultaneous shows, we got a lot of 'that's closed' and 'don't go that way' from the staff. I'm still not sure why. We sat in the balcony and the seats were VERY uncomfortable and my view was obscured by the railing. I would never pay to sit there again. Looking forward to going back again to give it another try.

2  Thank JeffNDenise
Reviewed February 2, 2014

We have been going to the Shakespeare Festival since it was located in Anniston. This facility and its productions are totally outstanding. The theatre is marvelously designed so that I have never had what I would considered a bad seat. Every position has good site lines and good sound, which cannot be said of the Alliance theatre in Atlanta. The productions are well done, whether standard Shakespeare, classic, or Southern Writer's Project. We love this theatre and all that they do to enrich this city!

1  Thank PaquiXochitl
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Oh my, what ISN'T there to say about this lovely facility?
I bought my husband tix to see the 'Johnny Cash Ring of Fire' show while we were in Montg. In corporate housing.
We had no idea such a delightful experience awaited us. The venue itself is simply beautiful & we enjoyed an afternoon 'date night' taking in the richness of the architecture, the decor and the setting of this beautiful park.
The show itself was professionally executed, entertaining & a visual pleasure. We sat in the balcony first row & the view was spot on.
Parking was simple and accessible, mini bars were well placed & the staff extremely courteous.
We look forward to returning again & again as new shows are implemented throughout 2014.

2  Thank Khmergirl

Been to Alabama Shakespeare Festival? Share your experiences!