“My First Time”

Alabama Shakespeare Festival
Ranked #12 of 68 things to do in Montgomery
More attraction details
Owner description: The Alabama Shakespeare Festival, located in Montgomery - Alabama's state capital - is a fully professional regional theatre that produces around ten productions each season in association with Actors' Equity Association, The Stage Directors and Choreographers Society and United Scenic Artists union. Productions of Shakespeare are at the artistic core of the company. Broadway musicals, children's productions, American classics and world premieres round out the annual offerings at ASF.
Reviewed May 1, 2012

I attended the festival for the first time back in early February of this year. I watched their production of The 39 Steps. I was not familiar with this play, and was suprised to find it was a comedy. The atmosphere was incredible, and the performers were real professionals. I had one of the best theatre experiences of my life. I have every intention of going back at the end of May to watch their rendition of A Midsummer Night's Dream. There is a reception at the end of the opening night in which you can meet the actors/actresses. I did not attend the last time, but will definitely do so the next time I go.

Reviewed April 21, 2012

We have been to several plays, some Shakespeare and some not, and it is always wonderfully done. Truly a special night out and they are very helpful in determining the age appropriateness for children.

Even if you don't see a play there, visit the vast grounds and walk the ponds and walking trails. Avoid the trails after 3 as local high schools use it for track practice and nearby apartments use it for a play ground. Don't miss the Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts next door.

Reviewed March 23, 2012

Beautiful grounds and facility in Montgomery. Wonderful place for families to enjoy a play!

Reviewed March 21, 2012

I love everything about it. Both stages, the difference in experience when in the different theaters and the variety of plays.

Reviewed March 1, 2012

Never disappointed with the ASF. In my opinion, it is the best thing Montgomery, AL has to offer. Great plays, great theatre, and charming location for an afternoon picnic.

1  Thank AlabamaAnna

Been to Alabama Shakespeare Festival? Share your experiences!