“Loved the Babies......”
Review of Montgomery Zoo

Montgomery Zoo
Ranked #10 of 67 things to do in Montgomery
More attraction details
Owner description: This popular family destination, spread over 40 acres, is home to over 700 animals from five continents, including the famous Bengal tiger. A train ride around the park provides an overview of the site and a chance to determine where you want to go later for a closer look.
Atlanta, Georgia
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Loved the Babies......”
Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

The Montgomery Zoo hasn't changed much since I visited years ago. It's nice for a small zoo. Better than Grant Zoo in Atlanta, GA. Renovations look to be in the works. However, the zoo grounds need more renovations than in progress. Would like to see bigger habitats. Definitely enjoyed seeing panther cubs and a monkey baby. If in the area, it's worth a visit.

Georgia
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“small but fun”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I have been to many zoos including the San Diego Zoo. I did enjoy this one. It's small, but to me- that made it a nice relaxing time. I didn't find myself with achy feet that bigger zoos cause. I knew that it was small so I relaxed, took my time and spent more time around each animal. One thing that I liked about this one was that we were able to feed the giraffes. We had a good time feeding them and some good pics. They had a story about their lion that I don't remember but thought it was interesting. I liked it here- but just know that it will be small.

Visited February 2013
Syracuse
59 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Nice zoo but not a reciprocal zoo”
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Beware visitors, they do not honor your zoo membership even if list on your website says they do . I already updated my zoo so that they can make change. I found this to be unfriendly and place damper on visit. For small time zoo they should have been happy people visit from out of state.

3 Thank Carolyn W
Chattanooga, Tennessee
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Not bad for a small zoo”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

This zoo is actually pretty good for a small town zoo. We went in the afternoon on a Saturday, and discovered the animals were easy to see and luckily some were rather active. But it could be because they were rolling in the sunshine rather than staying in the rather cool shade. But we were very impressed with what we saw, although we did wish some of the animals had a larger habitat.

But all in all, for the money you get a good deal. Plenty of walking, although for me the map wasn't very helpful with all the paths meandering here and there. Beware of accidentally walking down service paths by the train, the sign marking it as a service path was on one side--hidden in the bushes, while we were focused on the sign that says "beware of train". Needless to say, we were chased back after we were 3/4 of the way down by a security guard who wouldn't allow us to get a slap on the hand and allow us to jump on the path that was just a few feet ahead. In that sense, I advise better signage.

But based on the animals, it was pretty good especially based on other small zoo's I've been to in Chattanooga, TN and Jackson, MS. Even better than the so-so Atlanta zoo.

Just be aware, while the price to get in is fair, any add-on's are extra. $4 per person for the chair lift, $2 per person for the giraffe feeding area, extra money for the train, $2 for feeding sticks in the parakeet cage. However, parking at the zoo is free, so that was nice.

Visited November 2013
Millbrook, Alabama
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“We've got the best Zoo!”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I live in Montgomery, and when you live somewhere sometimes you take for granted all the things your town has to offer. This is the case with the Montgomery Zoo. I used to take my kids there a lot when they were little, but now they are teenagers and we hadn't been in a while. We went in March of this year and it was awesome! The Montgomery Zoo has a Skylift, paddle boats, train and you can feed a giraffe! There is a great café if you're hungry, and the gift shop has lots of things with many price ranges so you can get something good no matter what you have to spend. During Halloween and Christmas they have special events. Whether you live here or are just visiting, don't miss our amazing Montgomery Zoo!

Visited March 2013

Been to Montgomery Zoo? Share your experiences!