“Great local zoo”
Review of Montgomery Zoo

Montgomery Zoo
Ranked #14 of 78 things to do in Montgomery
More attraction details
Owner description: This popular family destination, spread over 40 acres, is home to over 700 animals from five continents, including the famous Bengal tiger. A train ride around the park provides an overview of the site and a chance to determine where you want to go later for a closer look.
Reviewed February 25, 2013

It's not huge, but it's nice. I liked that I could actually see all the animals and they seemed to have good environments to live in. This is a perfect sized zoo for a weekend afternoon, you will see a lot but won't have aching feet from having to walk far to do so. I was happy to hand-feed the giraffes (for a small donation, they give you feed). Take the sky ride at the end of your visit and soar over all the animals, it's a fun perspective!

All reviews
in 8 reviews
"giraffe encounter"
"animal exhibits"
in 5 reviews
"wide variety of animals"
"big cats"
in 14 reviews
"gift shop"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed February 22, 2013

There are many opportunities for enrichment at this zoo. Feeding the giraffes is just one of them. They also have an inviting Zoo Train that encircles the property and delights the children. I would highly recommend the Montgomery Zoo. We will return on every trip to Dixie!

Reviewed February 21, 2013

My daugher and I took my great grandaughter and her little friend to this zoo and we had a wonderful time. We found a good many animals and we also rode the little train through the park, it is pretty and they have some very nice places for the animals to enjoy,they aren't real small places for them and are very well planned. The staff was great and very helpful and even though it was pretty hot that day we really enjoyed it all. There is also a small but great museum in the same area that we enjoyed and it was filled with very interesting animals that were not in the zoo and gave a lot of information about them, the girls loved it, we all did.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Times are tough economically, so its always nice to be able to find wholesome fun for the whole family. Safe environment, friendly staff, diverse activities, and reasonably priced. In comes the Montgomery Zoo- contains a solid collection of animals, an aesthetically pleasing environment, great staff, and totally cool for kids of all ages. The train is in great condition and the ride is short and sweet. The new chair lift seems cool enough but I've not experienced that attraction. (this zoo isn't big enough for it in the opinion of myself and colleagues) My only concern after being a zoo member for a number of years has been watching the nickel and diming chip away at the savings of being a member. IN addition, the facility is soo clean and the staff it super friendly. Refreshments are limited and priced somewhat high; small price to pay though for the kids who are sure to enjoy the experience over and over again.