“Surprisingly good for a small city”
Review of Montgomery Zoo

Montgomery Zoo
Ranked #8 of 73 things to do in Montgomery
More attraction details
Owner description: This popular family destination, spread over 40 acres, is home to over 700 animals from five continents, including the famous Bengal tiger. A train ride around the park provides an overview of the site and a chance to determine where you want to go later for a closer look.
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I've been to MANY zoos, but the Montgomery Zoo was quite good! The only recommendation I have is that don't go in the summer because it gets really hot and humid in Montgomery and there are not many trees to give shade. One nice thing is that there are some nice little sprinklers hanging from trees and they spray you with water when you walk by. I realized that I spent a lot more time near the sprinklers than at looking at the animals. Another bad thing about this zoo is that there are pretty much NO SIGNS. It's hard to walk around and not go to the same location over and over.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

This zoo is barely worth the cost of admission. Having leved in several locations with really good zoos, this one barely qualifies.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

My daughter loves coming here. We have yearly passes and she never gets bored. They have a great selection of animals that you can see up close. They also have paddle boats, a train to ride around the perimeter of the zoo, and an excellent playground. Well worth the money.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

We love it here. We bring all our family here to visit when in town. There is lots of shade and seating areas thru-out. The exhibits are big enough and natural looking that I don't feel too bad for the animals. For a "small town" (Montgomery really isn't that big)...it's a great zoo!

Reviewed August 1, 2012

Nice adventure for the kids! The price was reasonable and it was easy to find. The zoo had several "misters" scattered throughout, so you could cool off periodically. It has several varieties of animals to view. You can pay extra to ride the train and feed the giraffes. I thought the price for those extras was a little steep though. My kids had fun & I will definitely visit again!

Been to Montgomery Zoo? Share your experiences!