“My limited experience”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I had only starters, so the restaurant should be reviewed probably on the entrees. Nice enough atmosphere and a friendly, cheerful wait person attending to us at the chef's table or whatever the bar facing the kitchen is called. She did call the bruschetta "broo-sheh-tah" instead of "broo-skeh-tah," which is sort of unforgivable in an Italian restaurant. But she graciously accepted the information. The shrimp bruschetta was excellent, despite only one shrimp per piece of bread: The sauce was scrumptious.

The mussels were too salty, but that might have been what made the broth so good to be soaked in the bread. Both dishes had the same bread, which might have been fried. It was good.

The wait for my dinner was extraordinarily long, exacerbated by my seeing the guy next to me, with a more complicated set of dishes and who arrive after me, get all his food first.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (603)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We ate two meals here and were quite pleased both times. Excellent food, very good service, and great atmosphere.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

In a nice, active part of town. Outdoor seating is available. The veal parmigiana is generous and very good. Good wine selection.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I love this place. Come once a month at least. Service is fantastic. Food incredible. Mamas Meatballs, grilled eggplant and awesome Avocado salad. Have yet to meet an unfriendly soul. Skip is my favorite with Drea making magic happen. I’ve never been disappointed- and no, I don’t know these people. Just love their space. Outdoor seating and outdoor bar in The Alley!

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Good stuff. Antipasta platter, stuffed hot peppers (hot in spots, mild in others), Ceasar salad, Granny's Sunday Sauce - nice and meaty, al dente noodles.
All good, nothing earth shattering, but solid

Date of visit: August 2019