“Food divine, service even better!”
Review of Sa-za

Sa-za
Reserve with OpenTable
Sa-za is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 480 Restaurants in Montgomery
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Five of us went to dinner here (four adults and a teenager) when a nephew came to town and we had a fabulous time. Our waitress, Sharla, couldn't have been friendlier or more efficient; answering questions with an obvious knowledge of both menu and wine list. My adult daughter had their wild mushroom polenta appetizer which was delicious, though the portion was so generous it was too much to finish. My eggplant appetizer was even more delicious - I ate every bit. The ceasar salad I had with shrimp scampi was served with whole roasted garlic - so wonderful! My nephew had the chicken picatta and ate every bit as well, and my husband liked his pasta dish just fine. We would definately go back, and hope to soon,.

Reviewed August 22, 2011

Good pizza, salad, and appetizers. A little on the pricey side, but great location and the restaurant itself is a great atmosphere with patio dining outside.

Reviewed July 21, 2011

While on a convention trip to Montgomery, I ate dinner at Sa Za twice. Once with a group of 4 adults plus a toddler and the second time with a group of 10 including 4 y/o twins and a toddler. The lure of the second visit was the smashed meatball pizza. I didn't have any, but my dining partners thought it was the best thing they'd ever eaten! Despite the venue being crowded both evenings, we were seated quickly and had prompt, courteous service. The first evening I had the shrimp/lobster/spinach pasta. It was tasty. My husband ordered the mussels but both evenings they were not serving them saying they were not up to their standards. No shellfish for hubby! The second evening we shared the chicken piccata with artichokes, capers, and lemon. Very good. It was my favorite of the two dishes I sampled. We also ate some garlic bread--the white dipping sauce was particularly good.

Their portions were ample--indeed my husband and I ended up splitting the dishes both nights. For dinner in a downtown bistro, the prices for entrees ranged 14.99-19.00 and were as expected, though they may be a little high for Montgomery.

The waitstaff were very patient and accommodating with our toddler even though this wasn't an establishment that particularly caters to children. All in all, a very pleasant dining experience.

1  Thank jmpj8107
Reviewed June 11, 2011

Sa Za.... Where have you gone? This was the IT for Montgomery! And in one short yr, its just blends in with the rest of Montgomery's woeful eateries... While we still have Michaels and the Olive Room, Sa Za has deteriorated to average at best. There was a time when the Big Time Chef was there running the counter, and the young chopped guy was managing the stoves and ovens with an amazing group throughout working hard! Now.... who knows.... all you hear is disappointment around the city. Mr DiMaggio has some rep around town. I keep hearing it over and over again, he is not personable or impressionable. I never talked to him, but maybe thats a good thing. Where is the magical food I once tasted? I remember tastings flying out to tables, making you feel like VIP! Sorbettos and all. Now! just inconsistent, pasta dishes, no menu excitement. Read about the health score, and thats hard to swallow in an open kitchen. I ll continue to go from time to time, hoping some old faces return to bring Sa Za back. I dont care to travel to Ga to see a Chef who rubbed everyone wrong, Its about the food here in AL. I live here for crying out loud.

2  Thank OleALB
Reviewed May 14, 2011

My daughter and I always meet here for dinner when I am going through town. I really like the food, atmosphere and food. The garlic bread is great. I highly recommend.