“Excellent experience”

Ranked #11 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
Victoria, Canada
“Excellent experience”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We stopped here on a road trip for one night only. The hotel is new and clean and the front desk staff were efficient and helpful. The location was good for us as we were not looking for proximity to the city but rather convenience for a road trip. The breakfast was not included with the price of the room but there were options for breakfast close to the hotel. We had an easy, trouble free stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tassyca2016
Curtis G, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Montgomery Airport South, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Thank you for your comments!! Yes we are located along the interstate 65 if you are headed to the beach it's a great stop for family and friends.We look forward to seeing you again soon.
STAY IMPRESSED!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Orlando
Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

A nice hotel, clean lobby, great buffet breakfast ($7.95 or $6.95 if Priority member). Rooms are spacious. I dinged their rating however due to 2 things. When I checked into my room, there was a used bar of soap and a dirty washcloth on the bathroom sink. Additionally, they put special labels on their pillows, e.g. "Soft", "Hard". I like a soft, lower profile pillow. None of these were soft despite the labels, there seemed to be no difference at all. What's worse, the pillows are lumpy and much too fat. It was ironic to me that they were promoting this as a value add when in my opinion it was a big negative. Despite my 2 gripes, all else was to Holiday Inn standard.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank jaguar030
Curtis G, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Montgomery Airport South, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We're sorry your arrival was unexceptable . I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed by our management team. With every effort we will rectify this unsatisfactory review.
Katy, Texas
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying in your hotel in Alabama. Curtis, the front desk receptionist was just great. Although he was the only one working and was very busy, he treated us as if we were the only customers he had to assist. He was professional, yet personable and made our stay very nice. He also, gave us information on events occuring in the surrounding area the next morning. Thanks Curtis

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Lori W
Curtis G, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Montgomery Airport South, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for the great review on Tripadvisor. We are delighted that you enjoyed the hotel and our staff.

We hope to see you again soon!

Stay Impressd!!!

Curtis Graves
Front Office Manager
Los Gatos, California
Reviewed January 30, 2013

On Jan 9, 2013 I needed to be at a large Auto Assembly Plant in Montgomery, AL. My stay at Holiday Inn Montgomery South Airport was MOST convenient and pleasant in every way. The Staff was friendly and the room was very clean. The Restaurant was excellent.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Sam S
Mount Sterling, Kentucky
Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for 1 night in December on our way to Florida. Very nice, new hotel. Extremely clean. They had a restaurant on the property and a very nice gym facility with two treadmills, EFXand recumbent bike. there were no weight machines or dumbbells. There was a nice heated indoor pool as well. The only negative is the walls are very thin at this hotel. We could hear people in the room next to us. There is a Burger King and McDonalds close to the hotel.

• Stayed December 2012
7 Thank retire17
Lenoir City, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We attended a wedding in New Orleans; We left New Orleans about 6:00 p.m. to travel until tired. We were south of Montgomery, Alabama around 11:00 p.m. and tired. We liked the way the hotel looked and it was close to a Waffle House for breakfast.; We were pleasantly surprised at the friendliness of the staff; the price; and the cleanliness of the room. The beds were great as were the pillows.

Room Tip: All rooms were good
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Bill W
Greenville, SC
Reviewed December 1, 2012

The property itself is amazing! Brand new, extremely well designed, very clean, very pleasant rooms. Wifi worked well, water pressure was great, again the room itself and the hotel itself is simply great.

The staff / service on the other hand needs help. I actually don't blame the staff themselves, I don't think they have been trained as hospitality experts yet and the concept of the "guest".

The front desk workers were hit or miss. My check-in experience was amazing, thanks for being a Platinum member. Then my experience with the front desk staff went down hill. Everything took forever, to include something as simple as buying a soda and charging to the room.

Then the restaurant..... what a joke, which is a shame. The food is good and so is the menu, but the staff is very under trained and are far from being a Full Service Hotel in my opinion.

I would stay at the hotel again, mainly due to the quality of the room and location to Hyundai, but if I was working elsewhere in Montgomery I would likely stay at a different IHG property.

Oh, for breakfast one morning, no workers even showed up until 30 minutes late. I wasn't even offered an apology! Probably because the front desk workers weren't around either. I seriously stood in the lobby for 20 minutes and didn't see a single worker.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business