“Pleasant and Convenient” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 71 Hotels in Montgomery
Los Gatos, California
“Pleasant and Convenient”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

On Jan 9, 2013 I needed to be at a large Auto Assembly Plant in Montgomery, AL. My stay at Holiday Inn Montgomery South Airport was MOST convenient and pleasant in every way. The Staff was friendly and the room was very clean. The Restaurant was excellent.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Sam S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Mount Sterling, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for 1 night in December on our way to Florida. Very nice, new hotel. Extremely clean. They had a restaurant on the property and a very nice gym facility with two treadmills, EFXand recumbent bike. there were no weight machines or dumbbells. There was a nice heated indoor pool as well. The only negative is the walls are very thin at this hotel. We could hear people in the room next to us. There is a Burger King and McDonalds close to the hotel.

• Stayed December 2012
7 Thank retire17
Lenoir City, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

We attended a wedding in New Orleans; We left New Orleans about 6:00 p.m. to travel until tired. We were south of Montgomery, Alabama around 11:00 p.m. and tired. We liked the way the hotel looked and it was close to a Waffle House for breakfast.; We were pleasantly surprised at the friendliness of the staff; the price; and the cleanliness of the room. The beds were great as were the pillows.

Room Tip: All rooms were good
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Bill W
Greenville, SC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

The property itself is amazing! Brand new, extremely well designed, very clean, very pleasant rooms. Wifi worked well, water pressure was great, again the room itself and the hotel itself is simply great.

The staff / service on the other hand needs help. I actually don't blame the staff themselves, I don't think they have been trained as hospitality experts yet and the concept of the "guest".

The front desk workers were hit or miss. My check-in experience was amazing, thanks for being a Platinum member. Then my experience with the front desk staff went down hill. Everything took forever, to include something as simple as buying a soda and charging to the room.

Then the restaurant..... what a joke, which is a shame. The food is good and so is the menu, but the staff is very under trained and are far from being a Full Service Hotel in my opinion.

I would stay at the hotel again, mainly due to the quality of the room and location to Hyundai, but if I was working elsewhere in Montgomery I would likely stay at a different IHG property.

Oh, for breakfast one morning, no workers even showed up until 30 minutes late. I wasn't even offered an apology! Probably because the front desk workers weren't around either. I seriously stood in the lobby for 20 minutes and didn't see a single worker.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank majones7
York, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

Stayed one night in a comfortable room with a good bed and very clean bathroom. Enjoyed a pleasant light dinner in the bar/restaurant area, which was busy with many patrons. My one complaint was that the service there was dreadfully slow (the bartender was doing food orders as well as beverages, and she said the kitchen was "behind"). All the hotel staff I encountered were friendly, welcoming and eager to please. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Peggy0707
Mineral Wells, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

I would go to this hotel again the room was wonderful and CLEAN the staff is friendly and helpful and the food at the restaurant was excellent will definitely be staying here again! Also the rates are good.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Eddie W
Montgomery, AL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

We took a friend to this Holiday Inn Restaurant, the Magnolia for dinner. It was a Friday night after work and we just wanted to get out of Montgomery proper. From the moment we walked though the lobby doors, we found the resort-like interior transporting us to a place with a leisurely pace. I realize that hotels are limited in the types of entrees offered, but the way these entrees were delicately seasoned made the food taste less mass-produced and very individualized. We all had salads which were freshly prepared with crisp and clean greens. My husband had the Caesar salad and my friend and I had the greens with balsalmic vinaigrette. I loved my entree--the BBQ chicken with tasty garlic mashed potatoes and grilled squash veggies. The chicken breast was succulent--grilled with BBQ sauce, bacon, and cheese. My husband had a pasta dish and our friend chose the beef. We all raved about the seasoning of our entrees so much that Chef Bobby Harper came out of the kitchen to thank us. He is recently from New Orleans and very proud that we could tell that his seasonings did not overpower or over-salt the taste and texture of the chicken or beef.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends