“Great stay”

Holiday Inn Montgomery Airport South
Ranked #11 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
“Great stay”
Reviewed June 9, 2012

All the hotels in Montgomery were booked up for some reason, but we found this gem! It looked brand new and was a very nice place to stay. I would stay there again!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Brewdog71

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 4, 2012

We needed to stay in Montgomery during a trip to Florida, and selected this hotel, based on the reviews we'd seen at TripAdvisor. It was an excellent choice. We enjoyed everything about the hotel. The room was absolutely spotless and the bed excellent. Everything you want in a hotel in the middle of a long drive! Plus, our room-service breakfast was the best we had had the whole trip!

Curtis, who was the duty manager when we arrived at 10PM was welcoming, informative and cheerful and we were surprised to see him still on duty when we left at 10 am the next day. He was simply an excellent host and what impressed us most...he didn't think he was too good to help the gardener with his work.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank HighlandCreek
Jonesborough, Tennessee
Reviewed May 19, 2012

Amazing hotel. Great restaurant. Good beds. Immaculate rooms. Polite, honestly concerned staff. Very relaxing and just what we needed after colliding with a railroad tie on I-65 earlier in the day. We were there waiting on our rental car in the morning. They even offered to take us to the car rental agency for free with their shuttle, but the rental agency was already on their way. Would stay there again in an Alabama moment, but, hopefully, never for the same reason.

Room Tip: Rented off Priceline at last moment and got a great rate!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Jeanne G
Smiths Grove, Kentucky
Reviewed April 25, 2012

I can't say enough good things about this hotel! It started with the Lady at the front desk when we checked in! She was one of the nicest people I've ever come in contact with while traveling... And that would be a lot! We got the room we booked when we called and made reservations.
(That doesn't always happen)! We had a king suite! The king bedroom was seperate from the room with the sleepersofa! They both were huge n spacious! Fantastic... It was one of the BEST Suites we have ever stayed in...Had a seperate area wth sink,microwave, fridge n cabinets with some glass dishes! Didn't use, but they were there! This was a corner suite, so that probably explains why it was so big!!!! There were 3 of us,My husband, adult son, and I! We went from a small small room the day before to this huge suite! Wonderful....Back to the Lady at the front desk,,,I went downstairs to purchase a bottle of water! It was in a case where there wasn't a money slot! So i took it, and went out to the lady at the desk.. I ask her if I was supposed to pay her.....when she turned around she was all smiles and said yes. When I asked how much, she said $1.38 I told her my son had been down there, and didn't know but thought it was $1.25. she said thats o.k. I'll put in the rest.. I said thank you but thats o.k. I'll go get the rest of it...So I did, and when I took it back down to her, she went awww, thank you! How many hotel employees do you think would offer to put in the rest of the money for an item your buying? I've never had that happen before! N trust me, we have traveled a lot n stayed at numerous hotels! We had a jacuzzi in the bathroom as well as a huge shower stall! We had a great nights sleep in the king bed,,,ahhhh! I guess you can tell by now, this will always be, one if not the best hotel suite we've ever had! And I wish I could remember the lady's name at the front desk that evening! She was super fantastic! All hotel's should be so lucky as to have a wonderful people person at their front desk like this lady! You know if I'm in that area again,, I'll be staying there if they have a vacancy! A++++++++++++++++++

Room Tip: Corner Suites are large and sunny! Rooms on the south side are quieter!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank mimi1106
Kathy T, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Montgomery Airport South, responded to this review, May 9, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your recent positive comments about our Hotel.We strive everyday to provide excellent service and are glad that we exceeded your expectaions.If you are ever in the Montogmery area again, please don't hesitate to make a return reservation!

Hospitably,
Kathy Thomas-
Director of Sales
Bowling Green, Kentucky
Reviewed April 22, 2012

This place is excellent all around. It's new, having just opened in October of last year and it shows. The decor and atmosphere are excellent, from the lobby to the rooms. The lady who checked us in in the evening was friendly and outgoing. When my Mom was short on change to get a bottle of water from the hotel market, she gave her the extra money to purchase it! The rate for the King suite was very reasonable. The room was spotless and the hot tub was a great added feature. Spacious bedroom and bathroom, with a fridge and microwave near the door to the living area. Business center was excellent as well, with two stations, strong signal and a printer. One note, King suites feature a stand up shower separate from the hot tub. Easy on and off from the Interstate as well.

Only problem at all was found when the sleeper sofa was let out to find that there were no sheets for it. One call to the front desk and fifteen minutes later a set of sheets was brought up to the room. Problem solved!

Couldn't ask for a much better experience.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank OPMaster1978
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Reviewed April 18, 2012 via mobile

Great stay if you need to be close to the airport. The hotel is new, very clean, and has a great feel to it. Well appointed rooms, adequate number of electrical outlets, and very comfortable. Decent rate for a full service Holiday Inn. I don't usually stay at them because they generally cost more than a HIE and don't provide any more value. This one is definitely the exception. The restaraunt was pretty good too and reasonably priced.

Only negative is that the wifi isn't he strongest. Other than that, a very good stay.

Stayed April 2012
2 Thank KingMagnus
Reviewed April 15, 2012

The room looked new. I am not sure if the hotel was just opened but it was very clean. Would stay again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank sammyjcar
Dera Guest,

Thanks so much for your recent positive comments on our hotel. The decor package waas chosen by our owner and I will share your comments with her. We look forward to your return visit on your next trip to Florida!

Kathy Thomas