“Southern cooking at it's best”

Charles Anthony's at the Pub
Ranked #20 of 486 Restaurants in Montgomery
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: (334) 281-3911 phone
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Try the chesse and shrimp grits. WOW! The atmosphere is a family setting, but you are able to conduct your business due to the low noise level.

Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

We have eaten at this place several times and have always been seeded outside in the nice patio this last time after asking to sit inside since it was chilly and having a 1 year old and a 3 year old, we were told point blank, " parties with children are seated outside to keep the noise levels down inside, we can turn off the fans if that helps". Wow... we wont be going back.
The food is wonderful great steaks!!! Just dont go with kids on a cool night"

Reviewed February 23, 2013

I ordered a Sirloin, and she came out with a Hamburger... I am not sure but I think a Sirloin is a steak. Seems legit doesn't it? Waitress was very fast As well.

2  Thank Chris S
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I have never felt so rushed eating in a restaurant as I did here. We were in and out in 45mins! Our waitress was constantly coming over to the point that it was annoying, she didn't wait for my husband's order but rushed off to place my appie order. His main meal came within minutes of his salad which was his starter though I had to wait for my salad which was my main meal. She tried to take my plate away before I was even done. The food was fairly tasty but the service was awful.

1  Thank Mary F
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I have to say I literally grew up eating at the Pub when it was originally located in Montgomery Mall. I was born in 1971 & it was est. in '72. I have visited the new new site numerous times with large & small groups. Most of which times involved my older children who are now 13 & 14. But, New Years Eve we arrived about 5:30ish & were told there was a 10-15 min. wait. NO crowd in waiting & one family with a lot more children than us. After at least a 45 minute wait my husband checked on the situation. By now it was crowded & several groups of at least 4 were taken back. The manager literally told him the problem was our toddler! He was afraid his inept waiters would drop something on her. THIS WAS BEYOND OFFENSIVE! I strongley encouraged my husband to leave & go to YOUNG BARN. I had wanted to try YOUNG BARN & was thrilled with not only their extremely courteous & friendly service but also their food. The PUB's fried oysters couldn't touch them even if they tried & they had wonderful fried grouper fingers. Better service & great food. Not a snooty atmosphere, very down to earth & friendly. None of which can be said about Charles Anthony's. Shame he doesn't know his customers better. You never know who you could be serving. A terrible rate is even to good for the Pub.

2  Thank Shannon L