“Very nice fir the occasion”

Charles Anthony's at the Pub
Ranked #18 of 476 Restaurants in Montgomery
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: (334) 281-3911 phone
Reviewed July 11, 2012

In town for the night and it was convenient to the hotel. Excellent atmosphere inside and obvious on the outside it wasn't a chain. Dining areas are intimate but not too dimly lit. Service was excellent. There are some signature dishes (tenderloin & house dressing) that are excellent. Seafood I saw being served looked delicious. Portions are adequate. About $20 more than a similar meal at an Outback but for this occasion the atmosphere was worth it. I'll return to try the seafood.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

A trip to Montgomery is not complete without a trip to eat seafood at The Pub. The last great seafood reataurant after the closing of the Elite, the Riviera, and the Sahara. Try the seafood au gratin or the snapper almondine!

1  Thank JW S
Reviewed June 28, 2012

On a road trip through the South, we stopped here as tired travelers looking to splurge for dinner. We're glad we did.

Even though we dressed casually, I was kind of puzzled why we were seated in the bar area instead of the main dining room. Turned out most of the customers were sitting there, so it was a more lively and engaging place.

We ordered drinks, a bottle of wine, and beef entrees which came with salad and a vegetable. My ribeye was just perfect, great with a glass of cabernet. My friend chose the split beef tenderloin, which was also good. For dessert, I got bread pudding, which was OK, but not as good as my friend's creme brûlée.

Service was good and friendly. Price was reasonable for a steakhouse. We left stuffed and happy.

Reviewed June 4, 2012

This place is awesome! The food is great, the service is good, it's clean and the atmosphere is romantic.

Reviewed May 27, 2012

Salad was great, steak good and service so slow. Beautiful setting but it is a mystery as why with the restaurant a quarter full it takes 50 minutes to get a medium rare steak and bake potato.

2  Thank TWB2006SSR