“Last Great Seafood Tradition”

Charles Anthony's at the Pub
Ranked #20 of 464 Restaurants in Montgomery
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: (334) 281-3911 phone
Montgomery, Alabama
“Last Great Seafood Tradition”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

A trip to Montgomery is not complete without a trip to eat seafood at The Pub. The last great seafood reataurant after the closing of the Elite, the Riviera, and the Sahara. Try the seafood au gratin or the snapper almondine!

Visited June 2012
1 Thank JW S

Dallas, Texas
“Great steakhouse”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

On a road trip through the South, we stopped here as tired travelers looking to splurge for dinner. We're glad we did.

Even though we dressed casually, I was kind of puzzled why we were seated in the bar area instead of the main dining room. Turned out most of the customers were sitting there, so it was a more lively and engaging place.

We ordered drinks, a bottle of wine, and beef entrees which came with salad and a vegetable. My ribeye was just perfect, great with a glass of cabernet. My friend chose the split beef tenderloin, which was also good. For dessert, I got bread pudding, which was OK, but not as good as my friend's creme brûlée.

Service was good and friendly. Price was reasonable for a steakhouse. We left stuffed and happy.

• Visited June 2012
Montgomery, AL
“Excellent Restaurant”
Reviewed June 4, 2012

This place is awesome! The food is great, the service is good, it's clean and the atmosphere is romantic.

Visited May 2012
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“Why Does It Take So Long?”
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Salad was great, steak good and service so slow. Beautiful setting but it is a mystery as why with the restaurant a quarter full it takes 50 minutes to get a medium rare steak and bake potato.

Visited May 2012
2 Thank TWB2006SSR
Pace, Florida, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Local Place”
Reviewed May 16, 2012

We visited Montgomery twice this past week and luckily stayed right next door to this gem of a restaurant both times. Our first night was a Thursday and a little late so we had absolutely no wait and were seated right away. Our server Aaron was excellent! He recommended a wonderful bottle of wine for myself and went above and beyond bringing different craft beers for my boyfriend - we now have some favorite beers because of his attention to detail and thoughtfulness. We ordered the steak roulades for appetizer and they were to die for! I had the special for the night which was a beef tenderloin with crab and my boyfriend had the grilled trout almandine. I will be honest and say that my entree was just OK but my boyfriend LOVED his meal - very tasty fish and we are from the Gulf Coast so we eat a lot of fish. I fell in love with the Greek dressing - no its not a typical Greek dressing but it had a nice soy element to it that kept me going back for more. We ordered two desserts to go - key lime pie and peanut butter pie - both were very good.

We came back through Montgomery on our trip that Saturday night and my boyfriend could not go anywhere but back to The Pub because he needed to eat the trout again. This time it was very crowded and we had a wait but it wasn't anything more than you would expect on a Saturday night - especially the night before Mother's Day. I ordered the Chicken Supreme this time and it was not something I would order again but it was tasty - just a little bland for my taste.

All in all both of our experiences were very good and we will make it a point to go back in the future - we love to support local businesses when we travel.

• Visited May 2012