Fairfield Inn & Suites Montgomery-EastChase Parkway
Ranked #13 of 71 Hotels in Montgomery
Georgia
“Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

My wife and I stayed 1 night returning to Georgia after attending friends 50th wedding anniversary celebration in Alabama.. The Inn seemed relatively new and we enjoyed our stay. Nice size room, clean and comfortable,thick towels/bath cloths. Definitely a good location and reasonably priced - particularly like the late checkout(12 p.m.)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank RetiredinGeorgia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2012

Far enough from the main road that it doesn't interrupt your sleep, but not inconvenient. Close to shopping and eating. The pool is pretty small. The staff was really friendly. The room was pretty clean and fairly new. The breakfast is amazing with lots of choices (they had Stoneyfields Farm yogurt)!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank DrAdamsAndFamily
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

I am a Marriott Gold member and this is a great Fairfield Inn. It is in an excellent location next to shopping and restaurants and Interstate 85 (though not too close). The hotel and surrounding grounds are very neat and clean. The parking lot is very well lit and safe. The staff is friendly and accommodating. There is not one negative thing to say about this hotel. Great bargain.

Room Tip: The hotel is only three floors. We stayed in two end rooms on the third floor and heard no noise all...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Scott H
Dunnellon, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2012

I normally don't stop in Montgomery on the way to Florida but because of a hardwood floor-related appointment that had us leaving at noon that day rather than making the usual sunrise departure I had this hotel booked. I'm glad I did. I'm glad I looked at Eastchase Pkwy area, too. I'd stopped for lunch on Eastchase Pkwy in the past on the way down to Florida, and it looked like a good option away from downtown Montgomery: there are lots of dining options; you've already braved the headache-inducing Montgomery highway system; and you're ready for an easy drive to Florida the next morning. The drive from my home in TN to Montgomery, AL is a short one of about 4-5 hours, but I was tired from morning hassles, and I was boiling with anger all the way down to Montgomery because our appointment with our hardwood floor contractor ended up with him being a no-show and he called stuttering and stammering and lying that our appointment was scheduled 2 weeks later on May 30. We spent several days moving furniture ourselves, we'd confirmed and reconfirmed with them to come May 16 so we could pick out our colors and they would do our floors while we were gone. And here he is stuttering and stammering and flat out lying and copping an attitude when I tell him to cancel! I really want to say the name of this company, but argh I won't! I digress - sorry, just have to get that out. Bottom line: I needed perking up. As soon as I saw the New York City-ish art deco design of our room at Fairfield Inn, the care put into everything, the friendliness of the staff, I perked up. Everything was lovely. The beds were comfy as are all Marriott beds. I could nitpick that I would like more breakfast options, but that is, well, as I just said, nitpicking. Everything was quiet. We asked for a high floor and got it. No view but who can help that. Good tv, good shower, nothing to complain about, really. Just a basic comfy overnight stop. I don't know how to go into any more detail so I will just show you my photos - look at them.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank RootlessRoamer
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stopped here with our 2 year old. We got a room with a king size bed and it was amazing. I don't think I woke up one time during the night which is unusual. The bed was amazing and the rooms were clean and well kept. The only reason I didn't give it five stars is because the hostess at breakfast was very rude when I told her the waffle mix was empty. Other than that everything was great and would refer this hotel to everyone.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Chattanooga, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2012

Comfortable standard lodging probably describes best Montgomery’s Fairfield Inn and Suites. The facility is about two years old and offers fairly standard and competitive lodging. The rooms are comfortable and boast a goodly number of electrical outlets. The wireless service, like most hotel and motel wireless, is slow but serves adequately email and web browsing. The wireless does not well support downloading large files, but importantly, although slow, the wireless is complimentary.

The Fairfield also offers complimentary breakfast. The breakfast buffet is similar to many other motels in the price range of the Inn and Suites. During our stay the demands on the breakfast service were heavy—a children’s athletic team, a visiting foreign delegation, plus a number of other hotel guests competed for space. In spite of the demands, the hard-working staff member responsible for the breakfast area managed to meet guest needs. The area did become a bit disheveled at times, but people were served with a minimum of confusion. One of the guests was not from the region and asked about the grits on the buffet. Another guest attempted to explain the wonder and joy of hot grits as a side to sausage, biscuits, and gravy. Unfortunately, the person who questioned the grits was not persuaded and missed his opportunity to sample what was a well-prepared buffet item.

Other than grits on the breakfast buffet, the Fairfield Inn of Montgomery is very similar to other units in the chain no matter the region.

Room Tip: Wireless is slow but adequate for email and web browsing
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank K R
Birmingham, AL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2012

I chose this hotel because it was ranked Number #1 on trip advisor. I haven't lived in Montgomery for years and I was meeting my college roommate for dinner with friends (she lives in Atlanta, I live in Birmingham). I had no idea which hotel to pick but I absolutely wanted it to be the right one!
It was great. Everything people said about it being clean, comfortable and convenient is true.
She had to check out early, I literally kept the room until the noon check out time. Like others have said, I did not want to get out of bed! The room was very nice and the bathroom looked brand new. It was also a nice size-sometimes in hotels bathrooms are small and cramped.
Eastchase Mall is close, downtown Montgomery is only about 20-25 minutes away, you can pretty much get anywhere fairly quickly because the hotel is close to the interstate yet far enough to be quiet. Target is around the corner. We visited the Waffle House (next door) after our night out. It was a fun stay and I am so glad the hotel was nice. The only thing I would say is that I found the decor a little odd and loud (tropical motif is what I think they were going for) but it's a nice newer place and overall it was no big deal. The room was not as odd to me as the main hotel.

Room Tip: The front desk clerk asked me what floor I would like. I told him to choose the best, he immediately...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends