“Good food, fun place”

Ranked #3 of 463 Restaurants in Montgomery
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Legendary Food, Legendary Fun! We offer up your favorite Southern classics with a twist! From beefy burgers made fresh with a mixture of ground chuck and beef brisket, to our giant steaks. We at Baumhower's take the time to serve everything as fresh as possible with true Southern Hospitality! We proudly serve Alabama Gulf Seafood and all fresh chicken, steaks, burgers and produce!
Memphis, Tennessee
“Good food, fun place”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

The atmosphere was fun and inviting. The food was great. I really enjoyed the wang filet salad. The next time I visit Montgomery, I will be sure to stop.

Visited October 2013

Florida
“Fun atmosphere - great food”
Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

Baumhower's is a great sports bar, with lots of tvs and good food. The Wangs (boneless) are great, as are their burgers, wraps and salads. Kid's night is Wednesday ( under 10 - eat free) and during Happy Hour (until 6:30) they have 99 cent draft beer.

Visited October 2013
“Why does it take so long to pay the bill?”
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Decent food. I had the gumbo and sandwich which came with fruit. Well presented but the gumbo was not spiced to anything more than average. The sandwich was ample and juicy. The fruit fresh. When it came time to pay, our server was nowhere to be found. After 10 minutes we finally had to flag down another server. Otherwise the service was upbeat starting with an enthusiastic greeting at the door.

Greenwood, Indiana
“great sports bar”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Stopped here on recommendation from Trip Advisor. We had about a 15 minute wait. The crowd was made up of Alabama and Alburn fans all having a good time. The menu had a vast selection to pick from and our entree's were very good. It was loud and noisy, but just what you would expect from a sports bar. They gave away free popcorn while you waited. We were traveling, but I am in Montgomery again, I would stop in here.

• Visited September 2013
Alabama
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Baumhower's has earned my appreciation. When I walked in, I was greeted by about 3 wait staff. I sat down, and several people came by to make sure I was being served.

Baumhower's is a sports bar, of course with TVs and sports memorabilia all over the place. (The owner is a huge Alabama fan.) I was there at 11 am and it was already hopping with people, loud music.

They have lots of choices of chicken---they are known for their wings, and you have tons of choices of sauces for the wings, both bone-in and boneless and they also have something they call "Wangs." so it's wings and wangs. The wangs are breast tenderloins, hand-breaded and fried. So, so, so tender and good.

Not just chicken, though. I saw lots of other choices on there, I think pork chops, fish, things like that---all fixed home style or so it seems. Not really what I expect in a spots bar, so I was impressed. Pot roast was also a menu item, one of the lunch specials for the day I was there, that's what I got. Dont' add extra salt! It has enough, but it was delicious and tender. I got it with mashed potatoes and with cole slaw. (REAL mashed potatoes, not powdered stuff). The cole slaw needed a little more sauce on it.

The portions were too big for me, so I took half of it home. It was a delicious meal! LIke a home-cooked meal.

On Sundays, their menu gets even wider with lots of choices.

Great service, great food, great price (less than $9). I'll be back.

• Visited August 2013