“Just went under renovations? ”

W.A. Gayle Planetarium
Ranked #30 of 68 things to do in Montgomery
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The W.A. Gayle Planetarium is the region’s premier astronomy education facility, as well as a multimedia theater for films, lectures, live music and digital art performances. Public shows: Mon - Thurs @ 4 pm Sun @ 2 pm
Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

The operator told us they had just undergone a renovation, well it looked as if clowns had painted the walls around the gift shop. The "new" projector was not in focus at all during the movie portion of the presentation. The actual speech portion was but we couldn't hear the presenter very well. I would skip this event if it were offered again.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

You have to hit this place just right. Sunday afternoon is about the only time we ever seem to make it. Compared to some other planetariums we've visited, it's unfortunately on the sub-par side. I'd like to give it another run after it reopens, provided they repeal Junior's Lifetime Ban. Poor guy was not prepared for total darkness, I guess.

The park that forms a ring around the planetarium is a good way to burn the rest of the afternoon. Lots of playground apparatus and green places to picnic in the shade. Check out the Bible garden -thing for an added bonus. I don't remember the particulars, but apparently some lady made it her life's mission to plant one of every plant mentioned in the Bible. Or something. Just check it out. Has friendly ducks, too.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

The whole time we were watching the show I wanted to yell "focus!" This might have been cool 20 years ago, but now it's just kinda sad. I don't think we'll go back unless I hear they've made some upgrades.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

we brought our teenager here...it was educational, but more for smaller kids. the planetarium is also surrounded by a park, so it's a great afternoon place to also have a picnic or go for a run.

2  Thank xenaht2000
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Only planetarium in central Alabama; great place to take kids on hot summer days.

2  Thank JW S