“Just a homeless shelter” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Montgomery Inn & Suites

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Montgomery Inn & Suites
Ranked #38 of 71 Hotels in Montgomery
Rotterdam
“Just a homeless shelter”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2009

Normally we are very happy with staying in a springhill, but don't go here. There a lot of people staying in this hotel with whole families, i think that they are staying with 6 people in the rooms. The most people look like homeless people and this is not a racial comment, my wife is black so i know what racial items are.
We visit the Rosa Parks museum and the area is very dangerous, a lot of black homeless people who were interested in our car! I think Rosa would be shamed to look at this, so move this museum to Washington DC.
The hotel, there was no breakfast left, at one point one person came with a box and put food in it for about 10 people, the hotel desk said nothing... There went my breakfast. There was no fruit, eggs, or yochert.
Complaining was not an option, the woman at the desk was not interested.
Last thing.. Platinum member? Never heard from this.
i cannot believe the other good postings about this springhill at tripadvisor, the must be fake.

Greetings, Pascal The Netherlands Europe

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank cpspas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
ILLINOIS
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2009

The whole town of Mongtomery is scarey to drive through, so staying there was a little risky. The hotel is slightly run down, but overall clean. The high speed internet worked well. The pool was clean and the fitness room was clean and well maintained. The room was clean, quiet, with everything in good working order. The workers were friendly and professional. I was very happy when I woke up in the morning and my vehicle was not broken into. My suggestion would be to find another town to stay in if you must stay overnight in this area

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Rainbow City, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2009

We had to stay in Montgomery for 3 nights for business and booked Springhill Suites. The suites have two beds and a somewhat separated living area with a chair, sofa bed, desk, "buffet-area" with sink, microwave, and refrigerator. Two TVs which was great as my roommate and I don't watch the same things! It was a little tight as they maximized every square foot. The sink is separate from the bathroom which is really nice.
The BEST thing about this hotel was the staff! They were really nice from booking to checkout. I was amazed at the selection of food for the breakfast, which was included. They had eggs, muffins, sausage, a pot of oatmeal, waffle machine, yogurt, fruit and a wide drink selection. The best part was this lovely lady named Vivian. Usually people just check and restock the food, but Vivian treated us like we were guests in her house. She was constantly checking on us, bringing us more food, cleaning up after us and making us comfortable. She was a very pleasant surprise. I used the excercise room. It was nice and each piece of equipment had a TV on it. I never figured out how to turn up the volume, but then, I didn't ask.
There was an indoor pool and hottub, but I didn't use it. It looked nice.
In the afternoon you walk in to the smell cookies right out of the oven...YUM...they were GOOD!
You are close to the interstate, so you can hear some road noise if the air conditioner/heater is not on, but once we cut it on, no problem. A nice feature is that the clock/radio has an attachment for your ipod so you can listen to it also.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank kellyemc
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2009

Stayed overnight while traveling to Mississippi.

We stayed at this hotel because the rate and previous reviews by Tripadvisor were good.

The staff was friendly and efficient.

The room was nice and spacious. The king bed was very comfortable. The sofa bed was sufficient for my 5 year old daughter.

The indoor pool was clean and refreshing.

The breakfast had lots of variety -- typical for this class of hotels.

We did not try the fitness center or high speed Internet.

I would recommend staying here again.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank tamsw
St. Louis, MO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2008

We stayed one night on our way back from Florida, during the 2008 hurricane season, when many Gulf Coast residents were displaced into hotels all over the Southeast. This made it difficult getting a reservation just a few days before, when our own travel plans had been curtailed as well. But we were able to get in here for one night, and we felt lucky to have done so, especially after staying there.

We had a very nice suite similar to the one described below: 2 full-size beds, sleeper sofa, fridge/micro, wet bar area, etc. The layout of the room was very unique -- like I had never seen before, and I liked it. We were very pleased with the cleanliness of the room, with everything in its place -- and the free wireless Internet service worked just fine.

Staff at the desk were very attentive and courteous. The continental breakfast room, and what was on it, were exemplary in my opinion. A large warmly receptive room, with most everything on it that you could want -- and tidy and well stocked.

We have no plans to return to Montgomery, but would certainly choose to stay here again if we did. My only other comment would be that it was a bit difficult to find at night. It is located on a side street, and then set back perhaps 500 feet or more off of that, partially behind other buildings, with only a small sign on the side street. We passed it a couple times before locating it.

Footnote: The presence of some unfortunately displaced folks from the Gulf Coast did not diminish the quality of service in any way that I noticed -- nicely done, Springhill.

• Liked — The room design and all the amenities in it.
  • Disliked — Hard to find
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank Weston66
Antwerp
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2008

Just returned from a 3 week trip through the South --this was the worst hotel of the entire trip (admittedly, the others were all pretty good), and also the most expensive (to put it into perspective, the others were Fairfields, Hampton Inns, and Hyatt Places, so not the Ritz). Room (don't be fooled by the 'suites' name; it is just a room with a partial divider!) smelled incredibly damp, lots of mould in air vents in bathroom, and none too clean (the couch was full of what I can only assume to be animal hairs). Definitely not for allergy sufferers. The only reason I give it two stars is the efficient staff at check-in and breakfast. The pool, which we didn't use, looked OK.
Only worth it for a stopover, and if you can get a very low rate. I usually rely on Tripadvisor reviews before booking, and have rarely been disappointed, but this was one instance where I don't get the high rating.

• Liked — nice breakfast lady
  • Disliked — mouldy smell in room
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2008

This is one of the best properties I have stayed at in Montgomery. We checked in late in the evening and the front desk attendant named Curtis was very professional, informative and attentive. Check-in was very quick and easy.

The room itself was more than adequate for my family. It included two full-size beds, a sleeper sofa, a mini fridge, microwave and wet bar area. The suite included 2 TV's, one for the living area and the other for the bed area. The room and the bathroom /shower area were very clean. I had my laptop with me and had no problem connecting to the free wireless internet service.

The free continental breakfast was above average and included hot sausage and eggs as well. Vivian, the breakfast attendant went above and beyond keeping the area clean and re-stocked. She was very professional and friendly to my family.

I would not hesitate recommending this property to anyone. The friendly staff, large clean rooms and above average continental breakfast make this location a good choice for anyone staying in the area.

• Liked — Staff, clean accomodations, above average free breakfast, proximity to I-85
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family