Montgomery Inn & Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Free Internet
View Hotel
All reviewsgreat customer service skillsstayed nightsbreakfast attendantbig roomdesk areasouthern hospitalityfront desk attendantsuper nicewafflesal areagulf shoresawesome staffoff the highwaycontinental breakfastthe sofa bedrooms were very cleanwi fi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 23, 2014

The first time I stayed here two years ago, I was completely satisfied with the room and staff. Unfortunately, things have taken a turn for the worse since then. I still found the staff to be friendly, courteous, and anxious to please. My room, however, left a lot to be desired. The bedside lamp gave off a loud buzzing noise when turned on. The bed was not comfortable and sagged resulting in a sore back in the morning. The curtains had a black mark on one side. When taking a shower, if you turn the handle all the way off the water continued to run. You had to move the handle back toward "on" to shut it off. Also, water poured from the tub faucet and the handle resulting in a weak shower stream.

Again, the staff is great but I won't stay there again until there is a complete renovation.

Room Tip: There are many hotels within a mile of SpringHill Suites.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank textbook-writer
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Unlike what many others have written, we found the staff here to be very friendly. They are obviously trying hard to please. The problem is the facility just needs a major renovation. There are obviously budget problems that are hampering the facility being upgraded. Interesting how everyone wants the cheapest price, but people get disgusted when the facilities are not first class. You can't have it both ways. This hotel was adequate for what we paid.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Karen G
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I got this room through Priceline for $58 plus fees and taxes. After reading several negative reviews, I was concerned about what I would find. I was pleasantly surprised! The room is clean and we'll furnished w a nice LCD tv. The location was convenient right off I 85; and when I asked for a room away from the traffic noise, I was easily accommodated. Sara, the receptionist, was very pleasant and helpful. No complaints here! Breakfast was great!

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

Room Tip: Request room away from hwy.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank abupatu
Reviewed November 8, 2013

This is our third trip to Montgomery and each time we've stayed at this hotel and the staff at this hotel is what makes it a good stay. The cleaning crew needs work, we requested extra towels and on each trip we had to go down to the front desk to get them.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Noticed my sheets appeared to be used, talked to one of the maids- she said she didn't know and it wasn't her room to worry about. Front desk clerk told me they were pretty sure they changed the sheets daily. I'm not looking for 5 star hotel treatment when I don't stay at a 5 star hotel, but one thing I expect from any reputable hotel is that the sheets and towels are changed on a daily basis. I seriously doubt management would direct their help to perform their jobs this way. Maybe the management needs to look at the performance- or lack of performance of their staff and see if changes need to be made. Another avenue may be to have a member of management do RANDOM inspections of a certain number of rooms on a daily basis. Of course the inspections would only work if they are actually performed, performed by a person with integrity, be truly random, and have consequences when job performance requirements were not met. I travel frequently and I'm usually not complaining as long as my room is clean, including my linens, and refuse to stay at a hotel where this is not standard operating procedure. I have stayed at Springhill in other cities and have never had a problem, which leads me to believe this is a confined problem to this hotel, the management, and the cleaning staff. I hope to see improvement if I ever find the need to stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business