Montgomery Inn & Suites
$139
  • Pool
$129
$98
All reviewsgreat customer service skillsstayed nightsbreakfast attendantbig roomdesk areasouthern hospitalityfront desk attendantsuper nicewafflesal areagulf shoresawesome staffoff the highwaycontinental breakfastthe sofa bedrooms were very cleanwi fi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Noticed my sheets appeared to be used, talked to one of the maids- she said she didn't know and it wasn't her room to worry about. Front desk clerk told me they were pretty sure they changed the sheets daily. I'm not looking for 5 star hotel treatment when I don't stay at a 5 star hotel, but one thing I expect from any reputable hotel is that the sheets and towels are changed on a daily basis. I seriously doubt management would direct their help to perform their jobs this way. Maybe the management needs to look at the performance- or lack of performance of their staff and see if changes need to be made. Another avenue may be to have a member of management do RANDOM inspections of a certain number of rooms on a daily basis. Of course the inspections would only work if they are actually performed, performed by a person with integrity, be truly random, and have consequences when job performance requirements were not met. I travel frequently and I'm usually not complaining as long as my room is clean, including my linens, and refuse to stay at a hotel where this is not standard operating procedure. I have stayed at Springhill in other cities and have never had a problem, which leads me to believe this is a confined problem to this hotel, the management, and the cleaning staff. I hope to see improvement if I ever find the need to stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank thunderchicken2013
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

If you like basic hotels this is probably your bet. I did not like it at all. From the lobby to the shower (which didn't produce water pressure). Just a bad stay. Don't let the professional pictures fool you.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Reggie C
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I stayed at this hotel and had a terrible stay. First my room was nasty, along with all dirty linen. When reporting the issue to the staffno response. The manager on duty brittany has no personality and wasn't polite or helpful at all. Frontdesk staff was the same, that was expected if management was no help. This hotel needs a face lift and definitely not up to marriott standard. A facelift includes updated hotel and staff at this location. I will not recommend this hotel to anyone to stay in. HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank tiffany s
Reviewed August 12, 2013

If I had not been exhausted from driving and it wasn't 11pm, I would've ran out of there. The lady at the desk wasn't friendly, but that's not surprising these days. The room was the real issue. I did the 1st thing I always do, pull back the fitted sheet on the mattress to check for bed bugs. There was blood on the mattress. The sink has it's own area, where the carpet had a large stain looking like blood. The light fixture was falling down, there were cobwebs hanging, the mirror was covered in black spots and the sink didn't drain. The walls in that area and in the bathroom seem to be molding and falling apart. I don't know about the shower, wouldn't take one there. The setup for a king room was quite dumb, as the TV's in the middle of the divided room, so there's never a good view. I put my remote in the ice bag, not touching that thing. I took a sleeping pill, woke up and got away from there asap.

Room Tip: Don't stay in Room 113, or any room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank travelerjen80
Reviewed July 9, 2013

This is near the highway and close to loads of stores and restaurants. Rooms are typical Springhill layout with a divider wall (no door) separating bedroom from living area. It is nice to have a refrig (but I wish it had a freezer compartment in which to place some ice packs), and microwave.
Coffee in lobby was cold at night. Nothing special but ok for the night.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Shon M, Front Office Manager at Montgomery Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Montgomery Springhill Suites. I apologize that there was no fresh coffee available at night during your stay and will address appropriately to make sure fresh and hot coffee is available. It was great to hear that we were able to make your time in Montgomery more enjoyable and we look forward to the next time you are in the area for your next visit.

Kind regards,