“Change the bed sheets- every day- please”

Montgomery Inn & Suites
Ranked #35 of 71 Hotels in Montgomery
Jacksonville, Florida
“Change the bed sheets- every day- please”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

Noticed my sheets appeared to be used, talked to one of the maids- she said she didn't know and it wasn't her room to worry about. Front desk clerk told me they were pretty sure they changed the sheets daily. I'm not looking for 5 star hotel treatment when I don't stay at a 5 star hotel, but one thing I expect from any reputable hotel is that the sheets and towels are changed on a daily basis. I seriously doubt management would direct their help to perform their jobs this way. Maybe the management needs to look at the performance- or lack of performance of their staff and see if changes need to be made. Another avenue may be to have a member of management do RANDOM inspections of a certain number of rooms on a daily basis. Of course the inspections would only work if they are actually performed, performed by a person with integrity, be truly random, and have consequences when job performance requirements were not met. I travel frequently and I'm usually not complaining as long as my room is clean, including my linens, and refuse to stay at a hotel where this is not standard operating procedure. I have stayed at Springhill in other cities and have never had a problem, which leads me to believe this is a confined problem to this hotel, the management, and the cleaning staff. I hope to see improvement if I ever find the need to stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank thunderchicken2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

If you like basic hotels this is probably your bet. I did not like it at all. From the lobby to the shower (which didn't produce water pressure). Just a bad stay. Don't let the professional pictures fool you.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Reggie C
Savannah, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

I stayed at this hotel and had a terrible stay. First my room was nasty, along with all dirty linen. When reporting the issue to the staffno response. The manager on duty brittany has no personality and wasn't polite or helpful at all. Frontdesk staff was the same, that was expected if management was no help. This hotel needs a face lift and definitely not up to marriott standard. A facelift includes updated hotel and staff at this location. I will not recommend this hotel to anyone to stay in. HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank tiffany s
Nashville
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

If I had not been exhausted from driving and it wasn't 11pm, I would've ran out of there. The lady at the desk wasn't friendly, but that's not surprising these days. The room was the real issue. I did the 1st thing I always do, pull back the fitted sheet on the mattress to check for bed bugs. There was blood on the mattress. The sink has it's own area, where the carpet had a large stain looking like blood. The light fixture was falling down, there were cobwebs hanging, the mirror was covered in black spots and the sink didn't drain. The walls in that area and in the bathroom seem to be molding and falling apart. I don't know about the shower, wouldn't take one there. The setup for a king room was quite dumb, as the TV's in the middle of the divided room, so there's never a good view. I put my remote in the ice bag, not touching that thing. I took a sleeping pill, woke up and got away from there asap.

Room Tip: Don't stay in Room 113, or any room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank travelerjen80
MIAMI
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

This is near the highway and close to loads of stores and restaurants. Rooms are typical Springhill layout with a divider wall (no door) separating bedroom from living area. It is nice to have a refrig (but I wish it had a freezer compartment in which to place some ice packs), and microwave.
Coffee in lobby was cold at night. Nothing special but ok for the night.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Shon M, Front Office Manager at Montgomery Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Montgomery Springhill Suites. I apologize that there was no fresh coffee available at night during your stay and will address appropriately to make sure fresh and hot coffee is available. It was great to hear that we were able to make your time in Montgomery more enjoyable and we look forward to the next time you are in the area for your next visit.

Knoxvill
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

I've stayed at a few Springhill's before and have always thought they were a good value. This place was horrible. Aside from being worn out and dirty, there was clearly some water damage to the carpets and other fabrics that hadn't been fixed. There was mold and a terrible musty smell in the room. It was damp to the point of being stifling. It was also clear that people were smoking in a non-smoking hotel. My sinuses burned so badly after the first night that I asked for a different room. (I'm a low maintenance, non-confrontational traveler, so it had to be bad for me to do something). The new room had the same issue. So, we left our things in there for the morning while we tended to business and then left a night early. We booked a room at the very nice Hilton Garden not too far away. So much for getting a half price room on Priceline. I can't believe that Marriott still has its name on this hotel or that a dump like this is listed a 3 stars. Don't stay here and don't use name your own price for Montgomery, because you will probably get picked up by this place.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side of the bldg have bad water damage. It may be the same for the south as well...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jamie T
Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor and providing insight on your recent experience with your stay in Montgomery. I apologize for the inconvenience and have certainly addressed all concerns. I assure you this is not a common occurrence and our number one goal is to take care of each and every guest as well as deliver a great experience. Again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to having you visit us in the future.

Atlanta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

Stayed here again. If you are a light sleeper do not get a room on the back side of the hotel. The window is about 200 feet from I-85 (separated by a fence and a few trees) and the normal traffic can easily be heard as well as sirens from emergency vehicles. The staff was friendly. Two restaurants are within a short walking distance. Small breakfast area across from the front desk.

Room Tip: Interstate noise on the back side of the hotel.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review the property and let us know about the concerns you experienced during your stat. I apologize for the noise from the traffic and I know it is extremely frustrating when acts outside of our control overshadow the guest experience that we are here to deliver. We would love to have another opportunity to have you as a guest providing you with a quiet room.