“Hotel subpar”

Montgomery Inn & Suites
Ranked #22 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We checked in to a neatly empty hotel and were immediately given a handicapped room, no we are not handicapped. When I asked for non-handicapped room I was told the hotel was completely sold out, even though the parking lot was still empty at 7pm. We went to the room and it smelled horribly or mildew. The beds were damp and the ceiling showed signs of recent water damage.

I went back to the front desk and demanded a new room. I was again told the hotel was sold out. I pushed the issue as my son has allergies and we were not statying in a mildewed room. The clerk said "well I'll have to put someone there". We were given a new room, but the experience left a lot to be desired. The hotel was quite noisy overall.

• Stayed: October 2012
4  Thank Toromom
Shon M, General Manager at Montgomery Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Dear Toromom,

Thank you very much for the feedback regarding your stay at the property. I do apologize for the inconvienence of the room type and have addressed the concern immediately as well as have reviewed with the associates the importance of accomodating the preferred room type as requested. As for our preventative maintenance program, I have reviewed with the engineer to ensure we do not fall short with the upkeep of the guest rooms. Thank you again for the feedback and have a wonderful day!!

There are newer reviews for Montgomery Inn & Suites

Reviewed July 12, 2012

Check In: Staff was friendly. BUT: I asked for schedule for the local minor league baseball team (Montgomery Biscuits!). Said they'd look it up and call my room. Never got a call. Did not receive recognition as a frequent Marriott member.

Room: Was clean & spacious. Had microwave & mini fridge. Ihome clock radio with iphone craddle. BUT: tub faucet leaked. Ceiling fan wobbled & made noise. No closet doors. No TV in the sitting area.The one in the bedroom area was too far to watch from the sofa. Bed was (too) firm, not very well padded. Discovered clock radio was missing it's power cord. Called the desk and they came right up. BUT: could not find a power cord. Said all the rooms were sold out (hmmm, parking lot seemed empty) so they couldn't swap one. End of story, no fix.

Dozens of hotels in the area. I will be looking at an alternative next time I'm in the area.

Room Tip: end rooms are close to parking lot by using the stairs.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Futbol14
Reviewed June 8, 2012

We stayed one night as a stopover on our way home from Myrtle Beach, I needed two rooms and I used my Marriott points for these rooms. The staff was helpful and friendly, the rooms were comfortable, and the continental breakfast the next morning was satisfactory. If I had to stay in Montgomery again I would definitely consider this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank stone50
Reviewed May 17, 2012

I recently stayed at the SpringHill Suites in Montgomery. Overall the hotel was nice. Our suite was a nice size and very clean. The pictures on the website are a great example of the room features. It would have been nice to have a separate tv in the bedroom area, but the tv was on a swivel stand so it was very easy to turn to where ever you was sitting. Breakfast was average, however our hostess that morning was wonderful. The pool/spa area is on the inside, but very hot and humid. The parking lot was full both nights, so parking was a little difficult. The hotel is close to the interstate and several restaurants. I only have a few suggestions...hotel should invest in vending machines on each floor (snacks were available for purchase at the front desk area) and carpet in hallway needs cleaning. Thanks Marriott for a great stay!

Room Tip: "Ask for a room on the opposite side on the interstate"
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Majestic14
Reviewed April 24, 2012

I must say, that out of the many of hotels that I have stayed at in Montgomery Alabama, this hotel was such a great experience. From the time we checked into our room to checking out, we did not experience any problems at all. Every member of the hotel staff is just completely kind and curtious and jumps to the every need of there guest. Any time I ran into a staff member, I was greeted with a kind smile and a polite "how are you today". I give this hotel a 10 all the way around.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 15, 2012

The staff is very unprofessional, the manager was not available. The hotel is a dump and gives Marriott a bad name. When you call the corporate number the complain they acted just as bad. The rep. made the comment that he wasn't a BED BUG expert. We woke at about 4:00 am to find that the baby was all bit up and to find the bed covered with BED BUGS. The clerk didn't even want to look at the BUGS, we had to insist that he looked and he didn't want to give his full name and didn't. I give them a zero rating, I would never stay again and would tell all of my friends, family and church members to never stay at any SpringHill Suites Montgomery, but especially springhill suites montgomery at 1201 Townplace Drive, Montgomery, AL 36106, 334-409-9999. The worst hotel experience of my life. I was still charged for the room even though the clerk said I wouldn't be. The cleanliness was horrible, the customer service was horrible and the beding was horrible. Didn't have a chance to have breakfast because we left at about 6:00 am, due to the horrible experience. I had to go to a local laundrymat to was clothes and the dry clean only clothing had to be trashed. Aslo they offered no resolutions. JUST THE WORST, PLEASE DO NOT STAY HERE.

Room Tip: The tip I have for traveler is to choose another hotel all together.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Deborah M
Francine M, General Manager at Montgomery Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We value each comment, suggestion, and complaint from our guests, and take them all very seriously. First and foremost, I am sorry to hear that your experience with our staff was unpleasant. We will be sure to use this as a training opportunity to ensure that we deliver top notch customer service in the future. After we received your complaint, we immediately brought in a well-known pest control company for inspection and treatment of your room. After a thorough treatment of the room - as well as the adjoining rooms - the pest control company cleared us to place our rooms back in service with absolute confidence. We take great pride in both the cleanliness of our hotel and our excellent customer service, and we are sorry that in this instance we did not meet expectations. Should you find yourself in Montgomery again, we would love the chance to serve you better.
Sincerely, Shon Mcree, General Manager

Reviewed April 9, 2012

Be sure you know where the hotel is and watch the signs. It is easy to turn into the restaurant instead of the hotel street. However, overall, except for a few "bumps" the stay was fine. I arrived late (midnight) and the front doors were locked. Had to wait for the front desk to return from delivering towels to a room so they could open the doors and check me in. The room was very comfortable and clean. My only complaint would be towels. They are not generous with towels. Stayed 4 nights. One day I had no face towels nor wash clothes but had bath towels. My co-worker did not have any towels in her room 1 day. Breakfast was good and the lady taking care of the breakfast area was very helpful and kept the area stocked and clean. Very convenient to interstate, colleges and restaurants.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business