“Nice Place”

Montgomery Inn & Suites
Ranked #20 of 72 Hotels in Montgomery
Reviewed June 8, 2012

We stayed one night as a stopover on our way home from Myrtle Beach, I needed two rooms and I used my Marriott points for these rooms. The staff was helpful and friendly, the rooms were comfortable, and the continental breakfast the next morning was satisfactory. If I had to stay in Montgomery again I would definitely consider this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank stone50

Reviewed May 17, 2012

I recently stayed at the SpringHill Suites in Montgomery. Overall the hotel was nice. Our suite was a nice size and very clean. The pictures on the website are a great example of the room features. It would have been nice to have a separate tv in the bedroom area, but the tv was on a swivel stand so it was very easy to turn to where ever you was sitting. Breakfast was average, however our hostess that morning was wonderful. The pool/spa area is on the inside, but very hot and humid. The parking lot was full both nights, so parking was a little difficult. The hotel is close to the interstate and several restaurants. I only have a few suggestions...hotel should invest in vending machines on each floor (snacks were available for purchase at the front desk area) and carpet in hallway needs cleaning. Thanks Marriott for a great stay!

Room Tip: "Ask for a room on the opposite side on the interstate"
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Majestic14
Reviewed April 24, 2012

I must say, that out of the many of hotels that I have stayed at in Montgomery Alabama, this hotel was such a great experience. From the time we checked into our room to checking out, we did not experience any problems at all. Every member of the hotel staff is just completely kind and curtious and jumps to the every need of there guest. Any time I ran into a staff member, I was greeted with a kind smile and a polite "how are you today". I give this hotel a 10 all the way around.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 15, 2012

The staff is very unprofessional, the manager was not available. The hotel is a dump and gives Marriott a bad name. When you call the corporate number the complain they acted just as bad. The rep. made the comment that he wasn't a BED BUG expert. We woke at about 4:00 am to find that the baby was all bit up and to find the bed covered with BED BUGS. The clerk didn't even want to look at the BUGS, we had to insist that he looked and he didn't want to give his full name and didn't. I give them a zero rating, I would never stay again and would tell all of my friends, family and church members to never stay at any SpringHill Suites Montgomery, but especially springhill suites montgomery at 1201 Townplace Drive, Montgomery, AL 36106, 334-409-9999. The worst hotel experience of my life. I was still charged for the room even though the clerk said I wouldn't be. The cleanliness was horrible, the customer service was horrible and the beding was horrible. Didn't have a chance to have breakfast because we left at about 6:00 am, due to the horrible experience. I had to go to a local laundrymat to was clothes and the dry clean only clothing had to be trashed. Aslo they offered no resolutions. JUST THE WORST, PLEASE DO NOT STAY HERE.

Room Tip: The tip I have for traveler is to choose another hotel all together.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Deborah M
Francine M, General Manager at Montgomery Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We value each comment, suggestion, and complaint from our guests, and take them all very seriously. First and foremost, I am sorry to hear that your experience with our staff was unpleasant. We will be sure to use this as a training opportunity to ensure that we deliver top notch customer service in the future. After we received your complaint, we immediately brought in a well-known pest control company for inspection and treatment of your room. After a thorough treatment of the room - as well as the adjoining rooms - the pest control company cleared us to place our rooms back in service with absolute confidence. We take great pride in both the cleanliness of our hotel and our excellent customer service, and we are sorry that in this instance we did not meet expectations. Should you find yourself in Montgomery again, we would love the chance to serve you better.
Sincerely, Shon Mcree, General Manager

Reviewed April 9, 2012

Be sure you know where the hotel is and watch the signs. It is easy to turn into the restaurant instead of the hotel street. However, overall, except for a few "bumps" the stay was fine. I arrived late (midnight) and the front doors were locked. Had to wait for the front desk to return from delivering towels to a room so they could open the doors and check me in. The room was very comfortable and clean. My only complaint would be towels. They are not generous with towels. Stayed 4 nights. One day I had no face towels nor wash clothes but had bath towels. My co-worker did not have any towels in her room 1 day. Breakfast was good and the lady taking care of the breakfast area was very helpful and kept the area stocked and clean. Very convenient to interstate, colleges and restaurants.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 8, 2012

This was my first visit to a SpringHill Suites and I thought it was great. It's on a dead end street and is quiet and peaceful even though it's adjacent to the freeway. The room was spotless and huge and the price was super low for the quality. The breakfast was outstanding as well. I was there three nights and it was nice to be able to start off the day with a great breakfast. They had a huge selection of Bigelow teas, coffee, juices and milk, and real oatmeal (not packets). They also had packets of grits, scrambled eggs, sausage, fresh waffles, cereal, etc. The exercise room has a treadmill, exercise bike, and an eliptical machine. It's right next to the indoor pool and hot tub.

The front desk folks were super nice as was the woman helping in the breakfast area. Everyone in Montgomery was as nice as can be. Southern hospitality at its finest. I'd recommend this hotel and this is where I'll stay, without question, if I'm in Montgomery again. I hope I will be, it's a fun city.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ScottyG777
Reviewed February 15, 2012

I walked in thinking it was a different hotel in the area and was pretty upset. Acting like a spoiled brat, immediately complaining, the front desk attendant just smiled and asked how she could help. I asked to see a room, she proudly showed them off and she won me over. The bed was super comfortable and they actually call you to wake you up. (nice touch)
I went back down to the lobby and there were two other people checking in even grumpier and more rude than I was. She handled them with kindness, understanding and grace. (don't worry - I went and got her a gift certificate at her favorite restaraunt)
Bottom line, if you don't need any frills, this place was great.
The gentleman working in the AM actually starts coffee at 5 a.m. just in case somebody needs it. No kidding, this staff is truly concerned about our comfort. I will pass up a nicer hotel and stay here next time through.

Room Tip: A lot of road noise on the back side and the elevator sounds like a freight train. Stay at the end...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business