“Great food but be prepared for SLOW service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 441 Restaurants in Montgomery
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children
Riverside, California
“Great food but be prepared for SLOW service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

I have ate here many times and the food is always delicious. With that being said, do not try to go at lunch with anything less than an hour. It typically takes about 15 to 20 minutes just to get your order in. But the food is good and it's a fun place for either a date night or a large group of friends.

• Visited April 2013

Clanton, Alabama
“Thai Yum Yum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

A group of friends and I ate at Lek's Thai restuarant and it was a wonderful experience. A Thai family runs the restaurant and our waiter was very cool and Americanized. The food was awesome! Perfect rice (which is something I expect at Asian cuisine), I recommend the Perfect Garlic Chicken and spring rolls, DELISH! Our waiter was also very honest about what we would (or would not) enjoy. The setting is perfect for date night- mood lighting, and is also EXTREMELY CLOSE to cool "date night" things to do (like the Harriet II Riverboat cruise). During the weekday my friend also told me that there is a trolley out back that will pick you up and carry you to various Montgomery attractions nearby- So cool that Alabama has a little touch of San Fran :)

• Visited May 2013
Prattville, AL
“Delicious food, okay service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Met my husband for lunch at Lek's. I ordered the Pud Thai with chicken and shrimp and my husband got a spicy beef dish. Both were fantastic. The portions were perfect (I even left a little on my plate... though I wanted to keep eating)! We both left quite full. The prices seemed a bit high, but we will definitely eat there again before leaving Montgomery.

We had to flag down the waitress for more water and for our bill, but it looked like she was the only server working the lunch shift.

• Visited April 2013
“Excellent Sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I love Thai food but got the sushi based on reviews that I had read. I asked for the waitress's reccomendation so I got the Bama roll. I thought it was great! The prices are high most of the menu but I would definitely come back again.

N. Virginia
“Ok Thai food but not enough staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Went here on a Thursday night with friends. The place was pretty full but still had tables open. Unfortunately we just were left standing there at the hostess station for some time as there didn't seem to be a hostess at all. Eventually a lady came from behind the bar and took us to a table. Throughout the meal it didn't seem like there was enough staff. Three different people waited on us and didn't come and check on us very often. As this restaurant is located in downtown, one block from the convention center that had a concert going on this night, you'd think they were better prepared. Based on others reviews, I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and figure that one or two servers called in sick or didn't show that night.

The food was ok. The pad Thai's sauce was pretty runny and oily without much peanut taste. The heat was a bit much in my opinion for "medium" and the chicken added was in large enough pieces that I had to cut them with a knife to make it easier to eat with the noodles. The noodles were good though. Other dishes, including ginger chicken, were better but the rice portions that accompanied them were small.

Railroad Thai is in a neat location at the railroad station. They have a nice wood bar in the center of the restaurant that is well stocked and has a variety of beer on tap. Maybe we should have just had drinks.

I'm not turned off by this restaurant, but I think I'm going to try other places before I go back. There are plenty of options in downtown Montgomery.

• Visited February 2013