“Stay here if you like sharing your room with bugs and spiders and dirt!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Paddlers Inn

Paddlers Inn
Paddlers Inn
Ranked #65 of 71 Hotels in Montgomery
Bethalto, Illinois
“Stay here if you like sharing your room with bugs and spiders and dirt!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2010

This was the nastiest place my husband and I have ever stayed at. It needs to be shut down. DO NOT be tempted to use any of the coupons that this place puts out. On the coupon we used, this place was described at being newly remodeled and under new management. If that is the case, I would not want to see what it was like BEFORE all that. Within minutes (if not seconds really), my husband and I saw a dead fly in the shower, and a roach crawling over the bedspread. We tried to keep an open mind about it, and tried to go ahead and stay, but after a few hours of restless sleep, I got up to use the restroom and found a spider and another roach under the sink. At this point, we got up and left in our PJs around 2 in the morning! It was SO NASTY. Unfortunately, due to our lack of sleep that night, the next day of our official vacation in Destin, Florida was really tiresome. I wrote a letter to their company. I was so disappointed!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
5 Thank bean1980

Families
Business
California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2009

I fell ill on a trip and needed to stay in a hotel for the night. I ended up having to go to a local emergency room and take some medication, so I ended up staying three nights instead of one.

The room was gross... there were blood stains on the sheets, the shower wouldn't drain so you would end up sanding in 3 inches of water by the end of your shower, the towels were all stained, the room phone would ring mysteriously at 3am and then stop... etc.

Also, I was prescribed medication that made me sleepy, but even though I had paid for my room in advance, and left the Do Not Disturb placard on the door, the woman who cleaned the rooms would bang on the door every day... not knock... just start banging on the door as if there were a fire. Really irritating.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
3 Thank LuckyDevil13

Travelers are raving about these Montgomery hotels

Nashville, TN.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2009

We were just on our way to the beach so I made arrangments to stay here because it was halfway. We drove up to it and checked in...got our key. We were like the only ones staying there ...the parking lot was empty. We took one look in the room and saw why..this place is just dreary and creepy! stay away!!!!! Cannot explain it but just because it is cheap does not make it worth it...bad part of town and scary!!!!! We left within 5 seconds and got out of there and rented another room down the road at another hotel.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple