“Mmmm, makes me hungry just thinking about it!”

Jim N Nick's Bar-B-Q
Ranked #27 of 463 Restaurants in Montgomery
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Authentic, Southern Bar-B-Q. Meats are slow-smoked for 24 hours around the clock. All trimmings are made fresh from scratch daily (not one freezer in the whole building). Dine In, To Go, Drive Thru, Private Dining, or Catering available.
Fort Myers, Florida
“Mmmm, makes me hungry just thinking about it!”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stop at every Jim N Nick's location we encounter. Not only do we dine there but we take extra home with us. Maybe it's the great barbecue or the fact they don't freeze anything and it's all so fresh. They actually season their vegetables (delicious!) and who in their right mind wouldn't love those corn/cheese muffins? I only have one compliant and that's, we don't have one where I live. Maybe, maybe, maybe if we beg enough we'll eventually get one here too. In the meantime we visit every chance we get.

Visited August 2012

Ellenwood, Georgia
“Decent because we were hungry”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We ate at Jim n Nicks at the food could have been better. I have visit several others locations and they are a lot better than this one. The cheese biscuits had black stuff on the bottom of them, we ask for another batch, they came out the same way. The sides were the highlight of the meal. The waiter was great! Will not be back to this location!

• Visited May 2013
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
“Great BBQ and beyond!”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

We were a group of eight golfers that ordered every appetizer they had, onion rings to nachos. They also had these great tasting small cheese biscuits, WOW! Most of us had the baby back ribs or pulled pork, both were very good.The baked beans and the mac the cheese (as they called it) were more than you could eat. Our server was on top of everything from the wine, beer and some special request to having the food delivered on time and hot. Wish we had one in Delaware.

• Visited May 2013
Sarasota, Florida
“Great Cheese Biscuits”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Ate twice at Jim N Nicks while in Montgomery for Easter weekend. (My wife really likes it.) The food is very good; prices are just okay (but I'm a little on the financially conservative side). Along with the meal they serve small cheese biscuits. These are wonderful -- some of the best I've ever eaten. They were a great combination with the delicious bleu cheese dressing on the salad, also some of the best I've ever eaten. The BBQ is good, but I'm not a fan of their sauce. For me, it is too thin, and I don't particularly like the flavor. But overall, I enjoyed the meal. It's worth a visit.

• Visited March 2013
Falls Church, Virginia
“Very nice package”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Seated where I wanted to be seated and server made me feel comfortable and offered helpful recommendations. I ordered the pulled pork sandwich (very soft and lean). Had choice of one side which was collards for (best I have ever had) and fresh cut fries. The fries were Luke warm. I mentioned this to my server who immediately brought me a fresh batch twice as big as my original order and perfect. Although there is only one mild sauce on the table they do have a nicely seasoned other sauce they will bring you if you ask. Building is own the town center side of Walmart and is not easy to find. Although they have been in the building for eight years you will not find it under barbecue restaurants in Montgomery (GPS). You have to manually load the address. Tried the other signature dish which is beef brisket which had a flavorful and colorful ring on the outside of the brisket. I passed on the deserts which all sounded and looked great. Maybe just a bit pricey but the interior was perky, clean and well decorated. This establishment caters to military personnel and military functions. All the staff had a smile and were very gracious in the delivery of their services.

• Visited February 2013