“Great price for a quick stop”
Review of Best Western Inn

Best Western Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Monroeville
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great price for a quick stop”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

The room was clean and really large. I'm never a huge fan of motel-style rooms that open directly to the street, but this one wasn't bad at all. It was comfy and more than adequate for a one night stay in the town. We were there to see the To Kill a Mockingbird museum downtown and it was about 15 minutes away.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
United States
Reviewed July 31, 2012

My husband and I stayed here with our young son and infant daughter for about a month while my husband was working in Monroeville. We had a double room first. It was clean, spacious, and comfortable- plenty big enough for all four of us with the baby bed. After a week we were forced to move rooms due to overbooking. The lady at the front desk told us we had to move because another company needed double rooms and the lady trying to book them had already "cussed her out twice," - her exact words. Nothing professional about that conversation. We were offered a cot and told we could move back to the double room after a week. My husband was first told we had to move by the 11:00 checkout time, so he was going to take lunch early and come help move everything. (Babies have a lot of stuff, then add a baby bed and enough things for four people for a month, and that's a lot of stuff!) The lady at the front started calling before 8 am asking if we were done moving yet. The baby was not even awake yet. Then she insisted that we had to be out so she could get the room clean. Guess it didn't matter that we had already paid for the room until the 11:00 checkout! There is also no elevator, so I had to carry all that stuff upstairs with no elevator and while taking care of a baby and 7 year old. That was a lot of trips up and down stairs. After getting everything inside, then adding the cot, there was barely room to walk. Then, we were not able to move back to the double room for two weeks, instead of the one week we were originally told. The cot we were offered for our son, since there were no double rooms available and we were forced to move... Yeah, we were CHARGED for that! $10 bucks a day! Unbelievable. I knew we should have just changed hotels, but I thought I would tough it out for the week. (Which turned into two weeks.) My mistake. On the plus side, housekeeping was great. They were all friendly, and did a great job in the rooms. The rooms are nice and clean, and they are comfortable if you aren't crammed in and shuffled around like we were. Breakfast wasn't great, and the coffee tasted like colored water. The pool was nice, and there was a laundromat close by. Overall, I would recommend the hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Stopped here en route to Alaska from Florida. Check in was quick, efficient and friendly. The room was immaculate in cleanliness and bed was very comfortable. New, very large TV. Would definitely recommend to others.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Smithtown, New York
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Quick overnight stop. Room was clean and the desk staff were very hospitable.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Florida Panhandle, Florida
Reviewed May 21, 2012

My fiance and I stayed overnight at Best Western when we went to Monroeville for one of their annual To Kill a Mockingbird performances. I had stayed at a competitor's hotel previously and chose to try Best Western. Overall, I was pleased with our stay. The front desk clerk was very friendly, professional, and efficient. The room was clean and nicely furnished and not outdated. The king bed was very comfortable, and I slept really well, which isn't often the case when I'm staying away from home. I was surprised to have a ceiling fan in the room, which was nice, but it needed a quick cleaning. The bathtub was large enough to soak in if you wanted; the water temperature was hot; and the water pressure was strong. The only real negative was that the complimentary continental breakfast was lacking the morning we were there. The front desk clerk had told us that they typically have something hot, like scrambled eggs or biscuits and gravy, along with muffins, cereal, yogurt, etc., but there was nothing but cold food items, other than a do-it-yourself waffle maker. Overall, we had a nice overnight stay, and I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Monroeville, Alabama
Reviewed December 24, 2011

I was not planning to stay in Monroeville, but due to car trouble, I had no choice. The desk clerks helped me to find a good shop to get my car fixed and even sent someone to pick me up. The room was very nice, quiet, and comfortable. There was plenty to choose from for breakfast, which was continental, but included biscuit and gravy. The staff was friendly and helpfull with finding a place close enough to eat without transportation. David's Catfish is excellent and withing walking distance. I would definitley recommend staying here if you are passing through Monroeville, Alabama.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed May 20, 2010

I have stayed at a few Best Westerns over the decades, and they tend to be unique and quirky. So I had no expectations going in, and just hoped for the "Best". I had booked 2 nights through Triple-A's website, and then called AAA to see if a 3rd night could be booked. They said they called the hotel and the extra night was unavailable, but when I called the hotel directly three nights before arrival, they said "no problem" and booked the 3rd night. So much for Triple-A...

There was some confusion over the room type at check-in, which was quickly straightened out by a pleasant front desk clerk, Judy. We got our non-smoking room with king-size bed, and all the promised amenities. The room was spotless and, much to my surprise, all fixtures and amenities worked perfectly: the TV, fridge, microwave, coffeemaker, hairdryer, ceiling fan, iron, A/C, shower & toilet, all lights... And they were all clean too, even the inside of the fridge. The carpet had none of the stains you sometimes see in older hotels. The room smelled completely neutral: no scent of smoke or chemical cover-up.

Although we were told that the place was full, it didn't feel crowded at all. Most guests were there for either the "To Kill A Mockingbird" play in town, or a planned paper mill shutdown procedure. Saturday night we heard that there were some wedding guests, but no noise, no partying, no hassles. Just courteous staff and friendly fellow-guests.

The continental breakfast is typical, and slightly above average: instant oatmeals, juice, coffee, pastry, bagels, french toast, fresh fruit, and the ubiquitous wafflemaker. Used it once: the results were delicious. There's a small but sunny breakfast room, which we used one evening to eat our take-out dinner (while watching the flat-screen TV). Again, everything was clean and fresh, and staff were helpful and accommodating.

A small pool was refreshing and, although it could have used a little more attention, was pleasant enough. This is not a "resort", after all. The chairs and tables around the pool WERE comfortable, and you could even take your breakfast out there if you wished. The linens were nothing to write home about: although the sheets were soft & pleasant, pillows are the small square kind, and the towels are a bit rough (with lots of bleach used). Rooms do not have actual closets, which can be a pain if you have a ton of clothes to hang up. The water is VERY soft, so go easy on your soap and shampoo. These were minor issues which did not reduce the overall positive impression and experience at this pleasant hotel.

I was very pleased with this stay. A comfortable bed, clean rooms and public areas, multiple amenities that all worked, and friendly and helpful staff. I'd recommend this place without hesitation.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank MrNuz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monroeville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Monroeville
#4 of 6 in Monroeville
Budget Inn - Monroeville
Budget Inn - Monroeville
#5 of 6 in Monroeville

Been to Best Western Inn? Share your experiences!