“Sufficient, clean, comfortable, roomy”

Mockingbird Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Monroeville
South Carolina
“Sufficient, clean, comfortable, roomy”
Reviewed May 16, 2014

Very basic, and nothing to complain about that the staff didn't attend to. Nice breakfast. Friendly staff. I thought we would have a sleepless night on the traffic side of the hotel, but not so. Check the noise of the AC, first. Nothing fancy like I really like, but a good couple of nights in Monroeville.

Room Tip: Check the noise of the AC upon entering, so any problem can be handled early.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Concord, North Carolina
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Monroeville is a small, charming town in Alabama with the warmest, most welcoming residents you can imagine, but due to its size does not offer a wide selection of hotels and motels. The Mockingbird Inn & Suites is a former Days Inn with a local owner who seems to take some pride in his property and employees. My wife and I stayed for two nights and I thought it might be best to opt for a suite rather than a room since we were there for two nights, and I think I was correct. The suite provided some extra space with a small sofa, chair and table in the bonus area so we didn't feel as cramped as we might have felt in a regular room. The rate difference was minimal.

We found the employees to be courteous, helpful, and well trained, and our room to be clean and very acceptable for what we expected. Since the motel was full we were surprised how quiet it was, and for that we were grateful.

The breakfast bar, which was included, was great for us. We enjoy a Continental breakfast and theirs was great. Hot breakfast choices were available as well, and many of the guests seemed to be perfectly happy with those.

I didn't see an elevator, so you might want to consider asking for a ground level room. That's what we had and really appreciated the fact that we were able to unload the car and roll our bags directly into our room.

Maybe you can find a place that suits you better, but we were satisfied right here, and if we ever feel the need to return to Monroeville we'll return to the Mockingbird Inn & Suites.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TarHeelBiggy
Portland, Maine
Reviewed November 5, 2013

This was a nice hotel. I switched from the Best Western (adjacent parking lot ... same owner ... see previous post.)
The room was large, the a/c worked well -- There was a large flat screen TV.
Very pleasant decor...a large Victorian style couch.
A small, but pleasant lobby area.
There was a fridge/microwave and also a ceiling fan.
The hangers in the closet were a bit rusty and the bed was a bit hard.
All and all, a nice hotel.
I would definitely stay again ... and, Ruth at the desk went above and beyond to make my stay pleasant. She seemed to be a kind, genuine person.
: -)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 7, 2012

The room was very spacious and clean. The staff was friendly and helpful and I loved the saltwater pool and the ceiling fans. This is definitely the place to stay when in Monroeville!

Room Tip: Get one of the suites, they are well priced and very large!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ruth S
Amelia Court House, Virginia, United States
Reviewed November 17, 2011

I reserved our room through AAA but called to confirm and the lady I talked with was very pleasant. On arrival we were most pleased with our room, clean, comfortable, and super nice. The next morning we asked if there was a first floor room available as my husband was having more trouble with the stairs than we had anticapated. The inn was full that week but the front desk watched all the check outs for an appropriate room for us to move into and called shortly to say one was available. She knew we had to leave at 10:30 that morning and she had the new room cleaned and we were moved with time to get ready and leave on time. Well it was a quick transfer on our part and shortly after our transfer there was a knock on the door and my PJ's were returned. I had also booked a room for my son who arrived early that afternoon and as he was checking in he was given an envelope to give to me. My daughter had discovered she was missing her cross necklace after we left that morning and had no expectation of ever seeing it again. It had been found in the room we transfered out of that morning. Such honesty just is not expected in such situations. The staff here were all very pleasant, certainly accomodating, and most honorable. Our stay was for 4 days, my son's 3 days, and we were all very pleased with our rooms, the amenities, and the staff. Oh my! the continental breakfast was all anyone could ask for and certainly enough to satisfy my sons hearty appetite. After spending a week at my brother's home I returned to this Days Inn for another night on our way home. This time my daughter and her family also had a room. Again both rooms were pleasant, clean and comfortable. I recommended this location to all my family any time they needed to put someone up and their home was full. I also recommend it to other AAA members looking for a place to stay at a reasonable rate.

If you cannot climb stairs be sure to ask for a 1st floor room. The rear building may have the better rooms But we had four different rooms in the front building and we were pleased with them all.

Room Tip: Our original room in the rear building, 2nd floor was really great. Our 2nd room in the front build...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Vickie B
Monroeville, Alabama, United States
Reviewed November 7, 2011

I enjoyed my stay at Days Inn .I was there for business and the front desl was fast and effective in getting me checked in and out . Maids were nice and respectful. overall a wonderful stay and would recomend everyone to stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed June 13, 2010

Pulled in- broken glass all over the parking lot -check-in staff very rude when asked about ARPA or AAA discount - Room was dirty - Bed spreaqd had "somthing" all over it -Got up to go the bathroom at 2am turned on the light, had bugs in the room and more in the bathroom, and I am not just talking about one or two ...the motel has construction people staying there full time and they where very loud when they came in from work.up to about 11:15pm or so. . Don't try to complain to the so called manager - she has no people communication skills she did not want to hear anything, but very happy to take your money ...... I will never stay in this motel again!!!!!. .

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lakeanna3706
mockingbirdinn, Front Office Manager at Mockingbird Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
This property is under new management and has been updated as of 2012. We are sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with the previous property and hope that you will come stay with us at the Mockingbird Inn and Suites.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monroeville
Best Western Inn
#2 of 4 in Evergreen
Budget Inn - Monroeville
Budget Inn - Monroeville
#3 of 6 in Monroeville

Been to Mockingbird Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!