“Eat like the locals?”

Cuisines: American
Columbia, South Carolina
“Eat like the locals?”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I had read about David's before making our trip but we arrived Monday night and David's was closed so we decided to have lunch there on Tuesday! We arrived around noon, just before the wave of locals who obviously think David's is great! We concur! The menu includes more than catfish, so don't let that scare you off! We did have the catfish filets and the sides and can only say Bon Appetit!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank David R

Alabama
“Southern food served with a smile.”
Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

Consistent quality good food.the menu is limited, but that's okay. The new menu additions of low country boil and shrimp with cheese grits both are very good. Nice people, too. Not much atmosphere. The fried catfish is their signature item.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Love2TravelAlabama
“Best catfish on Earth!”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

I liked it so much I went back the next night. I want to return to Alabama simply so I can eat this catfish again. I had the shrimp the next night, it was good, but I was sad I didn't get the catfish again. It was also the first place I was introduced to cheesy grits. (what can I say? I'm a Yankee!) But they were delicious. Cole slaw also delicious, just the right amount of sweet. Someday I will return!!!

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank njkrisko
Louisiana
“Catfish craving? Stop here.”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Catfish (properly fried) turnip greens ( soaking in pot likker) and hush puppies ( crispy on the outside, doughy on the inside.)
PLUS SWEET TEA!
A celestial menu!

Visited August 2012
Sylacauga, Alabama
“Ate There Twice!”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Had the fried oysters one night and the seafood platter the second night. Don't like the french fries. Love the cheese grits and turnips. Also had the gumbo which was very good.

Visited July 2012