“Great Food”

Ranked #10 of 680 Restaurants in Mobile
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

We heard the food was great, and it was. We had the pork chop, the fish special, the sausage and artichoke bisque, salads and martinis. I didn't save room for desert, but moved to the bar hoping for an after dinner drink. Watching the mood behind the bar drove on to a different spot. Again the food was great, and it should not be missed! Just take some patience. I think for this downtown restraunt to make it over the "bar" it needs stronger leadership on the floor and better personalities behind the bar.

There are newer reviews for The Royal Scam

Reviewed April 1, 2014

A co-worker and I stopped in here since most of the restaurants in Downtown Mobile close by like 6:00 pm. Turns out it was a pleasant surprise. I enjoyed a chicken panini sandwich which was large enough for me to eat the leftovers for lunch the next day and not very expensive. My co-worker had the gumbo. The waitress was very nice and we enjoyed the lighting and jazz music.

Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

The reviews for this restaurant were great! But we were disappointed! The service was very poor. The food and atmosphere were great, but the server was rude, didn't refill our drinks timely and generally ignored us for quite some time!

Reviewed March 26, 2014

This is the place to eat for good food and very friendly service.
Sit outside when it is nice or inside near the windows when the weather outside is not so nice. The entrees including sandwiches come with two sides which are of generous portions and you have a choice of the sides! Wine list is fine.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Consistently good food and service. Whenever I am downtown I try to catch a meal at Royal Scam. They take reservations.