“This Place is Terrific!”
Review of The Royal Scam

The Royal Scam
Ranked #8 of 672 Restaurants in Mobile
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Atlanta, Georgia
“This Place is Terrific!”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

My mother and I were staying at a hotel next door. We'd just driven in from out of town to attend a funeral the following morning. But it was mother's day weekend so I wanted to do a little something special for her for dinner. We were tired and we really didn't want to drive anywhere. We really just wanted to hang in our suite, drink some champagne and play cards. But we also wanted a nice meal! I noticed that the hotel left an advertisement in our room that 'The Royal Scam" restaurant next door delivers . . . bingo! I walked over while mom was napping and got a printed menu, the server there was really friendly and helpful. When we called and ordered later that evening, I asked if they would mind providing real plates, flatware and clothe napkins so we wouldn't have to eat out of styrofoam, they agreed (so cool!). Anyway . . . about the food, Mom said her filet mignon was the best she'd ever had and her crab cakes were yummy (she shared). I had the fish tacos and they were really nicely prepared. We ordered two desserts . . . all I remember is getting lost in the bread pudding. Upon delivery they said to let us know when we were finished and they would come back and pick up our plates. They were amazing. The food was wonderful but it tasted even better because they served it with such kindness.

• Visited May 2013

Helena, Al
“Great Unique Food”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

My husband & I discovered this wonderful find recently. The food was unique and presentation was superb. Prices were quite reasonable and we were able to get served quickly and efficiently by Tina. We noticed that the restaurant was favored by locals and we enjoyed hearing them being welcome warmly by staff. We ate sandwiches that night and they did not disappoint. I had a cup of excellent soup (house special) and a steak sandwich which was extremely meaty and delicious and my husband had the salmon sandwich which he gave high reviews. We were much too full for dessert though we were tempted by their house bread pudding. peanut butter cheesecake and tiramisu, which reportedly are fabulous. Another time we will return and taste away at the menu items.

Visited May 2013
Hoover, Alabama
“Royal Scam”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We had lunch here before going to the imax.The burgers were very good.Service was a little slow & it wasn't that busy.

Visited April 2013
Minnesota
“Convenient”
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

This was 2 doors down from our hotel, so convenient. The food is "good" but not worthy of a full star rating. Wait staff is attentive.

Visited April 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Expecting better after the reviews”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

It is possible that my expectations were too high but I found this a pretty average experience. We had the burgers which, at around $10 pp, were fairly tasty (the crispy fries are very tasty) but nothing to write home about. The service was pleasant and polite but, having been spoiled by amazing service at other venues on this trip, we were left a little deflated. The place was definitely busy though (unlikely a lot of places that we passed), and there was a nice energy in the place (q dark, showing baseball on two TVs over the bar).

• Visited April 2013